Lower Paxton reband freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6312g

I am a long term scanner user (from 1975 to the present) and this whole rebanding issue has me baffled. Does anybody know where the heck Lower Paxton, PA Police moved after the rebanding. I am currently using an older Radio Shack Pro 92 (not an "A" or "B" version) which I understand will work with rebanding. Thanks to anyone who can help.

n6312g

Lower Paxton

Hi Twister, and thanks for responding. Yes, that is Lower Paxton, Dauphin County, PA. I have lived here for the past 5+ years and enjoyed listening to police calls from this and other area local areas. I noticed a little while ago, that I wasn't getting any traffic from what was a very active PD and assumed that they must have migrated due to the rebanding.

n6312g

I guess that may be true, in which case I may have to buy a digital scanner and hope that they are not encrypted. I don't know if they have migrated to the 800 mhz band or remained in the 460 mhz. I thought maybe that they were being dispatched through Dauphin county who I believe has gone digital from what I have read. This whole thing is ruining the hobby.

NodrogCop

All Dauphin County agencies, with the exception of Derry Township and Middletown PD's, are dispatched through county. All county public safety is going to a UHF digital system, with the start date in early January. My colleagues in Dauphin have told me that PD will be full-time encrypted. I don't know if that's changed or not as I was told that several months ago.

I just helped an agency in my area and they were carrying XTS5000's...

Gordon

n6312g

OK, for the moment, I did a quick search on the pro 92 between 460.0000 mhz and 461.0000 mhz and stumbled across 460.0750 mhz (12.5) and found Lower Paxton PD apparently being dispatched by county dispatch. I guess for the moment I will again be able to monitor them until they go full encrypted digital. Thanks for all the help from all of you and a special thank you to Nexthell

ctrabs74

From what I heard and read, the police departments will eventually have access to encrypted operations, but they will not be encrypted full time. What I read may have been wrong, but I doubt it. http://forums.radioreference.com/pennsylvania-radio-discussion-forum/87133-dauphin-county-motorola-p25-system.html That is a link to the thread on the new P-25 system.

Corrected link:

http://forums.radioreference.com/pennsylvania-radio-discussion-forum/87133-dauphin-county-motorola-p25-system.html

Status
Not open for further replies.