Lower Providence PD, Montgomery County

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanjunkie

Hi All,
Just an FYI...For the next 3 months LPPD will be heard on the County Southeast Police Dispatch (Region 4) talk group (1648). I believe the old TG of 2736 will be used as a local talk around.

If all goes well and they decide to stay with County Dispatch, I understand that the county will be creating a "South Central Police Dispatch" TG and LPPD, Collegeville, and a couple of others will move to the new TG.

More to come....

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I was told the new SC talkgroup may include West Norriton and Valley Forge NHP, as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see unless anybody wants to share details (can be in a PM if you don't want to publicly share).

FWIW, all of those departments (58, 62, 66, 72) have digital radios. Would be interesting to see if the new police talkgroup ends up being digital.

Q-ball

I was just about to inquire on here about this topic. Do we know the reasoning they're making the switch?, and does it mean that the dispatchers lost their jobs with the dept. or have been assigned other duties. Would hate to see anyone be unemployed at a time like this....

Septa3371CSX1

Qball, the OP stated the switch will be for the next 3 months. Should this become permanent, then most likely the Lower Providence dispatchers and call takers will be offerred jobs at the county dispatch center. Nobody should lose their job in this transition.

SCPD

QRT
ITS much better that 66 pd went back to self dispatch!!! AN thats how it should be and stay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.