Lower Rio Grande Valley Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

If a database admin. is reading this can you add this page to Cameron and Willacy Counties database. I went to the Cameron county home page and did not see the LRGVRS the went to willacy county it was not there either. I can only find this page if I do a search. Here is the link.

Lower Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System (LRGVRS) Trunking System, Varies, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Yes it is up and running it is a P25 trunking system hear then very day.
Site 2: Ids 61850, 60220, 60210
Site 3: 60220 willacy county law, 1001, 1002

This system has 3 sites.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Thank you for the update. I have added this TRS to the regular database. Can you run Pro96com software, and provide the system ID and WACN for this new radio system? Thank you!

73s

Ron

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
al95,

On a Pro-106 you can get the SysID and WACN by manually tuning the control channel from the TSYS menu. Manually select the TSYS (listening to any talkgroup on it you can press the "TSYS" button, one of the soft keys F1-F3, I forget which one- F2 I think), and when the TSYS pops up press "Analyze" (F3 I believe). Then press the up or down arrows to manually find the control channel frequency. Once paused on it, the information displayed will flash a site number, decode strength, SysID and WACN. If you could just type what it displays, we can get it from there.

al95

al95,

On a Pro-106 you can get the SysID and WACN by manually tuning the control channel from the TSYS menu. Manually select the TSYS (listening to any talkgroup on it you can press the "TSYS" button, one of the soft keys F1-F3, I forget which one- F2 I think), and when the TSYS pops up press "Analyze" (F3 I believe). Then press the up or down arrows to manually find the control channel frequency. Once paused on it, the information displayed will flash a site number, decode strength, SysID and WACN. If you could just type what it displays, we can get it from there.

I will try to post them by thursday 11-03-2011.

al95

al95,

Here is the information that I got from Pro-106

This for site 2

SY: 2B5 R001 S002
98% N2B0 W: BEE00

This is for site 3

SY: 2B5 R001 S003
95% N2B0 W: BEE00

I think for site 1 will be almost the same.

It took me this long to post because I was not near my radios. I was in Matamores,Tamps MX selling flowers for the Day Of The Dead " Dia De Los Muertos" and I just got home today. Their was a shooting a few blocks away where I was selling my flowers. I'm ok and everyone in that street are fine.

Here is the link:
Mexican Military Battling Cartel Members in Matamoros - KRGV CHANNEL 5 NEWS - The Rio Grande Valley's News Channel - Breaking News, Breaking Stories - RGV News

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
al95,

This is all good to see and Thunderbolt has added everything to the database, thanks for your work and glad to hear you're safe.

rgv_tech

LRGV Radio Tech.
Database Admin
Yes it is up and running it is a P25 trunking system hear then very day.
Site 2: Ids 61850, 60220, 60210
Site 3: 60220 willacy county law, 1001, 1002

This system has 3 sites.

Actually The system will have a total of nine sites. At the present time What you hear on the Willacy system can also be heard on the Rancho Viejo Site. This Regional Radio system will be all connectd by Fiber Optic to the City Of McAllen. This will be the Hub Point where all Programming of the system will be Managed.

Patrick
ARES District 3 & 15 AEC

rgv_tech

LRGV Radio Tech.
Database Admin
Place Your Scanners in Search Mode

News Update

It appears that the Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System will be going through some changes and additions.

For the additions it looks like the Hidalgo County Sheriffs Department may by joining the system in the near future. HCSD has been testing the Weslaco repeater site for range and building penetration with the help of one of the local radio shops.

Link Channels:
Could it be that the system operators will be dumping the Fiber optic connections that link the different sites or could it be just a redundancy? Recently I observed that Site administrators were testing site linking on 700MHz. This test involved five different channels in 700MHz. There are no FCC licenses in the area for 700 MHz operations so I am taking an educated guess that this will be put in place in the near future. The reason I am assuming that this will be in place in the future is because, you don’t spend money on 700MHz equipment unless you intend to do something with it.

Patrick Patterson
ARES District 3 & 15 AEC
South Texas Amateur Repeater Society - Repeater Trustee
Serving my Community with Pride

Last edited:

rgv_tech

LRGV Radio Tech.
Database Admin
LRGV Regional Radio System

Howdy! to all,

The LRGV Regional Radio System continues to make progress ever so slowly. It appears that the Radio Officer for the City of Harlingen has finally decided to move forward, by taking the City of Harlingen into the digital communications age. The word is that the City of Harlingen will have their digital site up and active in the next 30 to 60 days. No time line has been given as to when the Chief Radio Officer for the City of Harlingen, will start the reprogramming of the radios for emergency services and city services.

Cameron County will also start the change over to digital within the next 90 days. Progress has slowed down due to one of the communications towers taking a lightning strike. Cameron County plans to have all of their radios fully digital by 2015. In the mean time they will be linking the analog system to the new digital system.

73's

Howdy! to all,

The LRGV Regional Radio System continues to make progress ever so slowly. It appears that the Radio Officer for the City of Harlingen has finally decided to move forward, by taking the City of Harlingen into the digital communications age. The word is that the City of Harlingen will have their digital site up and active in the next 30 to 60 days. No time line has been given as to when the Chief Radio Officer for the City of Harlingen, will start the reprogramming of the radios for emergency services and city services.

Cameron County will also start the change over to digital within the next 90 days. Progress has slowed down due to one of the communications towers taking a lightning strike. Cameron County plans to have all of their radios fully digital by 2015. In the mean time they will be linking the analog system to the new digital system.

73's
well how about that i cant beleive harlingen is steppin in to the 21 century but all the more better!

rgv_tech

LRGV Radio Tech.
Database Admin
Yes, All the more better as long as HPD does not encrypt thier primary channels. I realize that the detectives and special task force need encrypted channels, but Channels 1 through 3 should be left open to the general public.

fire1429

700 MHz

..I was using pro96com to monitor the lower rio grande valley radio system and found a 700 MHz tower that was affiliated with the system 769.09375 , 769.34375, 770.60625, 769.58125, 770.26875 (wpgr393) (system I'd 2B5) (tower I'd 108) (WACN BEEOO) any body have any info on this site

fire1429

Quick question concerning Harlingen ems? Was id searching the LRGVRS Harlingen tower and Harlingen ems showed up as id 63035, the dispatcher is the only one you can hear every one else comes in as ENC on my BCD996xt. So I decided to monitor the analog Harlingen Motorola system and to my surprise you can still hear all the traffic on the analog channel???? I Thought that was cool but now I am asking how are they doing that is there some kind of patch? And if so how can the radio transmit with out ENC on analog and ENC on Digital... :)

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The border patrol has all ready gone p25 digital and encryption.....

Status
Not open for further replies.