Lowes Home Improvement- Rockland/Thomaston Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Recently I have programmed Lowes in my BC246T and i have been getting hits off of 3 different Frequencies

If I get any of the other frequencies I will post them

ecps92

What CTCSS or DCS tones ? These are generic Business assigned channels. Which Lowes? [City/Town]

Curious where you found 464.8250 as RRdoesn't show a Lowes in Maine
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stcd=ME&freq=464.8250&action=sf

Lowes did license many Common VHF Business channels Nationwide
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WPZS425

Recently I have programmed Lowes in my BC246T and i have been getting hits off of 3 different Frequencies

If I get any of the other frequencies I will post them

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
What CTCSS or DCS tones ? These are generic Business assigned channels. Which Lowes? [City/Town]

Curious where you found 464.8250 as RRdoesn't show a Lowes in Maine
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stcd=ME&freq=464.8250&action=sf

Lowes did license many Common VHF Business channels Nationwide
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WPZS425

i found the freqs on the FCC site no CTCSS or DCS tones and the lowes in thomaston just opened up in april and i know theres one in bangor and portland

ecps92

The FCC would not list Tones, those are typically found by Scannists [you, me and others] Your Scanner [according to your original posting] has the capability to determine the CTCSS/DCS tone being used when you listen to them. How did you determine what you are hearing is actually Lowes?

i found the freqs on the FCC site no CTCSS or DCS tones and the lowes in thomaston just opened up in april and i know theres one in bangor and portland

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
The FCC would not list Tones, those are typically found by Scannists [you, me and others] Your Scanner [according to your original posting] has the capability to determine the CTCSS/DCS tone being used when you listen to them. How did you determine what you are hearing is actually Lowes?

well i here like front desk to garden center, and stuff like that and i think i decode the Tones but it would take a while

ecps92

I thought the 246 displayed CTCSS/DCS Tones, atleast accordng to the Wiki
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC246T

When your scanner receives a CTCSS transmission, C appears in the display in front of the frequency of the tone. When your scanner receives a DCS transmission, DCS appears in the display in front of the 3-digit code.

That makes more sense. Hate to be a pain, but so many folks just plug in channels, and assume that what they put in, is what they are hearing. Had one recently, who is 40 mi away from the Fire Dept he wants to listen to and wondered why he keeps hearing a Police Dept around the corner. :)

well i here like front desk to garden center, and stuff like that and i think i decode the Tones but it would take a while

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
151.955 CTCSS tone is 107.2 so I suspect this is Lowes since I have hearing a lot of front desk to were ever and paint to were ever

Last edited:

ecps92

Awesome find, and detective work to ID the store

Sometimes it takes multiple times listening, of Fulltime listening to begin to ID some of the Business Users across the bands. Especially Large malls, or Rows of Strip Malls.

151.955 CTCSS tone is 107.2 so I suspect this is Lowes since I have hearing a lot of front desk to were ever and paint to were ever

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Awesome find, and detective work to ID the store

Sometimes it takes multiple times listening, of Fulltime listening to begin to ID some of the Business Users across the bands. Especially Large malls, or Rows of Strip Malls.

thank you i am trying to get the rest on of the freqs i am picking up a hotel so i searched in the FCC database in maine and did not get a hit for any hotels so i think it is the Hampton Inn in Thomaston that opened up last september

ecps92

Many business's will use radios licensed from HQ [Corp HQ] with a National License, so if you have an idea who the hotel is, sometimes checking the Corp HQ location might help, also some of the hotels Francheise so it might be under another name.

Just like Mc'Donalds does... what Freq/Tone?

thank you i am trying to get the rest on of the freqs i am picking up a hotel so i searched in the FCC database in maine and did not get a hit for any hotels so i think it is the Hampton Inn in Thomaston that opened up last september

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Many business's will use radios licensed from HQ [Corp HQ] with a National License, so if you have an idea who the hotel is, sometimes checking the Corp HQ location might help, also some of the hotels Francheise so it might be under another name.

Just like Mc'Donalds does... what Freq/Tone?

been hearing it off of 461.575, 151.955(guess its not Lowes) and i dont know what the CTCSS/DCS is for the first freq

Status
Not open for further replies.