Lowes Motor Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I was wanting to find out if anybody has the frequencies for Lowes Motor Speedway?

I had a list at one time, and now that I need it I can't find it.

That is the way my luck is.

Please advise

Thanks

David

derekjmu

Premium Subscriber
from a similar thread last year...

here's what i came up with for speedway comms this weekend...

451.6375-R / DPL 054 / TRANSPORTATION (GOLF CARTS)
451.6875-R / DPL 132 / ??
451.9875-R / DPL 172 / SECURITY
452.1375-R / DPL 073 / CONCESSIONS
452.1625-R / DPL 712 / TICKET COLLECTORS ?
452.3125-R / DPL 114 / TRAFFIC CONTROL ?
452.6875-R / PL 192.8 / MAINTENANCE
461.9000-R / DPL 754 / EMS OPERATIONS WITHIN SPEEDWAY

all the speedway comms are using MDC. MDC wasn't necessarily the individuals radio number, just the ID of their radio.

all these repeaters have a 5-10 mile coverage radius from the track as i was able to hear the security repeater at I-77 & I-85 as well as in Mint Hill.

Also, on the Cabarrus TRS:

Speedway operations on the Cabarrus Events Channels

Events 1 Police/Law Operations
Events 2 Fire Operations
Events 3 Ems/Rescue Operations
Events 4-6 Speedway Operations

nitroboie

I was just about to post a thread with a list of freqs. Derek got most of them, here's a few that I have to add:

461.1375 / DCS506 / Parking?
451.6875 / DCS132 / Suites Staff
451.4125 / DCS032 / Suite Orders
451.6375 / DCS054 / Nationwide Carts (Channel 8)
452.3125 / DCS114 / Infield Security (Channel 3)
451.8875 / DCS026 / Track Crew (Channel 9)

451.9875 Is the most important channel to have programmed. Do yourself a favor, if you program all of these frequencies, LOCK most of them out or have the freq I said on priority, otherwise you'll miss a lot of important stuff on the "main" channel.

SHP uses VIPER Troop E-1

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guy's

I was mainly looking for a channel that they are operating on for EMS operations.

I know that the in county EMS and Rescue units operate off of Events 3 on the Cabarrus County TRS.

I was told that the out of county rescue units that provide coverage are issued a speedway radio for communications.

I know in years past they used 155.280 Mhz and now the speedway provides them with there own radios.

I was just look to find out the frequency they are using.

David

k4gps

Bump... anything new everyone ? I am headed for the Coke 600 next week. I plan on having one of the Scanner Trailers out there to upload my PRO-106 this week, I live in York County and am going over on Tuesday or so to pick up the tickets. That will cover race drivers but I have been a scanner fan longer than NASCAR so I'll also want to do that but not waste time searching.

I have been told that either Racing Electronics or Diversified Electronics, I think its both one and the same maintain a traveling 800 MHz trunking system for NASCAR that some of the teams also use for some communications. Does anyone know if this is true and what frequencies they use ? I picture something like a cell company COW (which I happen to maintain also with Motorla equipment) and a Motorola tech working for RE that just follows NASCAR all over the country. Don't know how that would work FCC frequency wise but it made sense when someone mentioned it.

lucky1

nascar freq

type in nascar 2009 freqs on the serch box you should get a list of them

k4gps

BUMP!

Any last minute updates ? I have loaded the Pro-106 up with PSREDIT500 and got a bunch of stuff in there in banks for Drivers, NASCAR, LMS P/S, LMS Support, Cabarrius, Viper and Media. It should be fun, I have not done even scanning since I did military air shows 10+ years ago.

Got the wife's Pro-137 scanner loaded just with drivers and NASCAR. Still not sure if I like it or not but it's on sale now for $99, it's just that no PL/DCS on the silly thing that I think will suck for her.

I'll be going to bed early but want to try to make any last minute tweaks before we leave. I don't think I really want to take a laptop with me and we will be leaving York at about 7am. Depending on how I feel in the AM I may just decide to take it...

nitroboie

Sounds like you're ready to go! Just a heads up, the drivers really don't say much during green flag runs (unless they're ticked off about something). Most of the chatter is during yellows so if you get bored... monitor LMS Security (it's worth it to just bring an old scanner and hold on that channel), things really pick up towards the end of the race when fans are drunk and start fighting all over the place.

I won't say that there's no need to have the Cabarrus talk groups programmed, but all of the calls originate on the security channel; the dispatcher just forwards/dispatches the call to the appropriate talk group so Concord PD/Medic/Fire can assist.

Also, don't expect too much out of VIPER. You'll mainly just hear traffic control ("ok, enable counter flow", "how's it looking on your side", etc.) and drunk driving arrests.

Make sure you've got an extra set of batteries, it's going to be a long day.

k4gps

I got too much battery :p I have a 5.11 Man Pack I use out in the farm when I am out all day, holds a lot and just tosses over the shoulder, holds too much I just found out when I packed it!

I don't have a bottle of water in it yet but the GMRS, Pro-106,DV Corder, 2 tapes 3 video batteries, 2 set's of scanner batteries, 2 set's of AA's for the mini Nikon, 1 pack for my DSLR Cannon, 4 CF Cards and 3 SD Cards, and a small L11 Nikon plus a laminated frequency sheet, Pro-106 manual, a micro-mini leatherman, and a couple of sharpies along with a spiral bound index card book in case we come accross any drivers. I got even more AA's but I think I need to actually re-think my batteries and leave some behind, they actually weigh a ton in this typel of quantity.

The wife will have a backpack with rain coats, a towel, her scanner and 2 sets of racing headsets, binoculars and my son will wear ear-buds with my shooting muffs that she has. Some sun block, Aleve, Pepto pills and a couple of bandannas. I got a few large and small zip lock bags in there too in case the sky opens up to keep the electronics dry and I sprayed the packs and our sneakers with CampDry. He will have a camelback and a set of mini binoculars. I think we have all we need for a 20 hour day but it's going to get heavy beyond the 6th or so hour! :(

All of this may be overkill but volume wise it's packed really small, I am heavy in my small pack due to batteries and she has a bit more bulk but no weight. I believe in Proper Prepairedness Prevents Piss Poor Preformance!

I got Viper and Cabarius in there for AFTER the race, it may help us getting out or it may just make things worse knowing what is up ahead!

I think our best bet is to park between turn 3 and 4 near the Country Crock camping area then take Pitts School Rd to Roberta Rd then over to 49 and then take that all the way to 49 and 85 or 49 for 485 South. Hopefully we will have options (doubt it since they tell you which way to turn) but the scanner may help. I was planning on parking next to Sam Bass and taking Morehead to 49 but figured it will be too long of a walk from our seats on the front strech to the truck and 1/2 of the place will be on the road by the time we even get to our truck.

This time is a lot of planning and questions, October and there on will be a lot easier and enjoyable since we know what to expect and hopefully what to and not to do.

nitroboie

I think our best bet is to park between turn 3 and 4 near the Country Crock camping area then take Pitts School Rd to Roberta Rd then over to 49 and then take that all the way to 49 and 85 or 49 for 485 South. Hopefully we will have options (doubt it since they tell you which way to turn) but the scanner may help. I was planning on parking next to Sam Bass and taking Morehead to 49 but figured it will be too long of a walk from our seats on the front strech to the truck and 1/2 of the place will be on the road by the time we even get to our truck.

This time is a lot of planning and questions, October and there on will be a lot easier and enjoyable since we know what to expect and hopefully what to and not to do.

When I went to the 600, I parked in a grassy area past the bridge (but before the lots) on the left off of Morehead (heading towards the track). My seats were on the front stretch so it was a bit of a walk... but it's really not that bad. The walk will seem a lot shorter if you enter in Turn 2 and just walk under the bleachers until you get to your section.

I live off of 49 so after the race it was a straight shot home and traffic really wasn't that bad even though we weren't the first ones to leave. Traffic moves fast on that end of Morehead because there isn't much [if any] pedestrian traffic. The closer you park, the longer it will take to leave. Most of the people that park on Morehead head for the lots close to the track, which forces them to leave onto 29.... bad idea as traffic is held for people to cross.

You sound like you've got your hands full, but see if you can find room to bring a small cooler to pack some drinks and sandwiches/snacks (chips weigh practically nothing)... food at the track is expensive. If you do decide to bring a cooler, it'll be a pain to carry to the track (ice + drinks = heavy load)... but after the race it won't be bad since it'll be empty (or should be).

Oh, and take 49 to 85. 485 takes forever to get back to 77. Have fun!

k4gps

When I went to the 600, I parked in a grassy area past the bridge (but before the lots) on the left off of Morehead (heading towards the track). My seats were on the front stretch so it was a bit of a walk... but it's really not that bad. The walk will seem a lot shorter if you enter in Turn 2 and just walk under the bleachers until you get to your section.

I live off of 49 so after the race it was a straight shot home and traffic really wasn't that bad even though we weren't the first ones to leave. Traffic moves fast on that end of Morehead because there isn't much [if any] pedestrian traffic. The closer you park, the longer it will take to leave. Most of the people that park on Morehead head for the lots close to the track, which forces them to leave onto 29.... bad idea as traffic is held for people to cross.

You sound like you've got your hands full, but see if you can find room to bring a small cooler to pack some drinks and sandwiches/snacks (chips weigh practically nothing)... food at the track is expensive. If you do decide to bring a cooler, it'll be a pain to carry to the track (ice + drinks = heavy load)... but after the race it won't be bad since it'll be empty (or should be).

Oh, and take 49 to 85. 485 takes forever to get back to 77. Have fun!

Yea...485 to 77 is one heck of a hike, I have taken it a few times during rush hour to get to my office on WT Harris over the years during bad accidents on 77. I don't go there regularly but I did it once on my own just to try and never did it again, the 2nd time a co-worker was driving and I warned her but she did it anyway. Still not sure though if it's that bad instead of race traffic with all the lights along 49 to 85 trying to get out. Sounds like we will be getting wet, it will make for an interesting day.
It's all options, between the North side of the track on 29 and the residential shortcut other locals suggested and the one you suggested (which was my 1st thought) we should be good. I am sure once we get there we may be forced to do something we were not planning but between those 2 we should be able to do one or the other.

blinddog50

k4gps,
First race? Waaay overkill.
Last race I went to you were allowed one small cooler, a clear vinyl bag and what you can hang around your neck.

20 hour day! Good luck my friend, ever stand in line 30 minutes to pee?
Rather watch it on TV, beer's cheaper.

k4gps

No actually not overkill at all except for a bit more battery than needed which added quite a bit of weight. Clear backpacks are not required only thing you can't bring in are weapons or umbrellas or coolers larger than 14x14x14. We made use of all the zip lock bags and rain gear too, while everyone was running for cover we were dry and stayed sitting in our seats.

We heard 2 teams on the radio commenting on the weather but made really good use of the LMS frequency bank. We were on Roberta Rd by the time the Media announced the race was off. Infield security stated they were going to call the race in 30 minutes at about 7:15 we walked out near turn 3 and security informed us he was just told, and that was 30 minutes later. In our truck by 8pm and over the SC border by 9. 100% painless.

All of my gear except for headphones fit in my 5.11 manpack, about the size of a radio chest pack used in search and rescue. The wife had a backpack with the rain gear and her own scanner. My son had a small soft cooler and everyone was overall happy. The biggest issue was the shopping, once we were done we had a LONG walk to the truck to put it all away and another long walk back. Overall a great day except for the rain but at least tomorow I know not to bring as many batteries and the load will much lighter. Just watching the weather and it don't look much better for tomorow which stinks and we will be leaving by 6am for the babysitter, all we can do is cross our fingers.

mrs638

Let me help you guys w/ what NASCAR does ... I can tell you they are using the new MOTO TRBO product in its Digital form for all channels but Qualifying Times (8) and a Mutual Aid (16) Channel. All radios are UHF lowband. They have 2 rebroadcast units that re-air digital traffic on 461.2 or 464.6 for Race Control and 451.225 for Fire & Safety.

Racing Radios provides and services the equipment for NASCAR and issues radios to the track for the ON-TRACK safety workers only. Anything that does not hit the track is on SMI Supplied radios. I do have an archive of the HT1250's SMI uses. They have all 128 chs filled in different zones for the 9 or so tracks they own.

Status
Not open for further replies.