Lowndes Co. GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

martymartin

Hey, does anyone know the baud rate for the Lowndes Co TRS? There is no info in the database or the FCC application data. Want to purchase an older scanner and need info on this. Thanks....

starving030

My friend gave me his old pro-95. I'm still tyrin to figure this scanner stuff out. Will I be able to get much from this thing living in Valdosta?

Go Gators :)

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
GSP and some business bands, or maybe some of the surrounding counties. Just going to have to spend the bucks for the digital model.

I'm a Gator deep in enemy territory!

martymartin

Yeah, thought so.

I live in Valdosta also, was just wondering if some of the older model Uniden's would work. The ones that don't do 9600 baud rate. The database doesn't show the baud rate on the Lowndes, Co. TRS. I guess I'll have to get a Pro-96...these darn scanners are so expensive. Can't believe after all this time the price hasn't dropped any. Thanks for the replies...

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Give it time, they will start dropping. You got Uniden, GRE & Radio Shack, so they ought to be getting into a price war pretty soon! If they are P25, you can bet on 9600.

N8IAA

It's mixed mode. The 95 can decode, but there are only two analog TG ID's. If you want to listen, a digital scanner is necessary.
Larry

martymartin

So this won't work?

A Uniden BC250D, that includes the BCi25D digital card and can do APCO 25 at 3600 baud. Just wanted something that would work without spending $350.00 + on a scanner. If I wanted to spend that much I would buy an XTS Motorola radio...and do conventional. Would come in handy with all the hurricanes we are having lately. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.