Lowndes County

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what you mean by "Tones"......which column(s) is that in Sentinel?
Tone: CTCSS, DCS, NAC, CC, RAN.... 136.5 PL, 526 DPL, O7F NAC, CC 14, 40 RAN etc. They are in the audio option column.

Santacarl

Thanks Milf.... I guess I should have figured.....Audio----TONE.....Duh on me again.... :p

In Sentinel it doesn't give me the option to select no tone....the only option I see that's not a 'tone' is the one with "CTCSS/DCS Search" or do I tick the Tone L/O radio button? I'm confused...AS USUAL....Haha

Last edited:

Santacarl

Thanks Milf.... I guess I should have figured.....Audio----TONE.....Duh on me again.... :p

In Sentinel it doesn't give me the option to select no tone....the only option I see that's not a 'tone' is the one with "CTCSS/DCS Search" or do I tick the Tone L/O radio button? I'm confused...AS USUAL....Haha
OR>>>>>option 3.....Do I select "Audio Type" ALL???

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Go with all. If you hear digital noise, this is also what you will use to find the DMR Color Code in use. Or NXDN RAN. Even though its licensed for DMR,... One can never be 100% sure that was submitted to the FCC correctly. Until one verifies by monitoring of course.

Santacarl

Go with all. If you hear digital noise, this is also what you will use to find the DMR Color Code in use. Or NXDN RAN. Even though its licensed for DMR,... One can never be 100% sure that was submitted to the FCC correctly. Until one verifies by monitoring of course.
Thanks Milf....I also just 'bit the bullet' and purchased the DMR upgrade.....but I have no idea how to use it/set up scans.....Now, why doesn't THAT surprise me? Haha

crookedletterboy

Whistler 1040
I will try tomorrow when i get to Columbus. Unfortunately I have a Whistler WS1040 which is only Phase I capable so i more than likely won't be able to pickup anything. Makes my radio pretty useless now, especially since the police is inverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.