LRAFB C-130 Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I live in Wynne, AR and just about every evening I see a C-130 flying towards Memphis......

Does anyone know of any frequencies that they may be using?

I have the Memphis Int'l approach / departure freqs. I haven't heard anything on there.

safetyobc

I would try these two first

Air Traffic Control Memphis Center 343.7500

Memphis Air Traffic Control 348.7000

You can also plug in frequencies from the Military section of the link bpckty 1 gave.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Been there....done that.

Maybe they just aint talking yet.....still 40 - 50 miles out from Memphis.

Thanks!

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I used to go & sit near the airport all the time so I have all those freqs........

I may buy a Pro 97 this evening on the way home from work & try to pick them up on that......looks like a good unit.

Thanks for all the help.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
They could be using HF or satellite circuits to communicate on. You might want to monitor SATCOM if you have the capabilities?

73's

Ron

mshadwick

SharkMadwick
Got an opportunity to tour the Control tower at Little Rock Airforce base today.

Command Post Freqs.

Tower

Those are the only freq I can remember. They had quite a few.

safetyobc

Not sure if it was C130's or not but I heard some traffic on 252.8000 today here in South Arkansas. I have it text tagged as "USAF S & R" but only because that is what I found it listed as somewhere.

matt

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I bought a Pro 97 the other day and I'm gunna do a little listening in the afternoons after I get home from work......

I usually see a C-130 or two every day......like I said before, headed towards Memphis

SCPD

QRT
Do a search in the usual mil air band both UHF and VHF. Most if not all squadrons in the USAF have their own "descrete" channel. They use those frequencies to talk to there squadron ops and other aircraft.
When I was at Moody AFB, GA the HC-130s there mainly used HF or UHF. I don't know if LRAFB does the same thing or not.

wbswetnam

I live here in Batesville, and I frequently hear what I believe to be radio traffic from C-130's loud and clear on 138.950 in AM mode.

Last edited:

weather4ar

LRAFB C-130J's on 138.95

Those are most definitely C-130s on 138.95, they're C-130J's on a tactical training frequency. I'm not sure if they're the 189th Airlift Wing (Arkansas Air National Guard), or the 314th Airlift Wing (USAF AETC), but they're most definitely Little Rock Air Force Base C-130Js. Also, they're in FM Mode, that's why they're so clear.

wbswetnam said:
I live here in Batesville, and I frequently hear what I believe to be radio traffic from C-130's loud and clear on 138.950 in AM mode.

Last edited:

BMT

Try 349.400. You should here A/C with cargo download info and asking for up load info if they are just passing thru LRAFB.

BMT

Gatorman

Listen to 120.250, Millington Tower. Most of the C-130s from LRAFB are involved in pilot training. They come over to Millington all the time to shoot approaches. They are always on VHF vs. UHF.

Gatorman

5:56p, listening to Elvis 49, C-5 from TNANG, working the pattern at Millington, comms with tower on 120.250.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Happy Happy Joy Joy.......Finally heard some C-130 activity

I was riding around last night and hear some C-130 activity....I didn't write down the frequencies.

I also heard some activity outta Blytheville.
Prolly C-130s going up yonders doing touch & go's

Also was picking up LRAFB Departure on my 2055 & 97! Not real clear but I heard them talking.

hrkload

C-130 E/H/J Freqs

The Freqs are changed on a daily basis and are SECURE!! I know, I fly on them.

If they (the C-130's) are bothersome (ie: rattling the walls...etc) complain to the base or Little Rock approach control. Until you do, it is "free" game. Several routes have noise abatement areas as the result of those who complained. Realize also, that Little Rock AFB is a training base, ...we gotta train like we fight!...

The C-130 is a cargo aircraft, but we do other things than just carry pallets of cargo at safe altitudes away from danger. Sometimes we get down to around 500 feet or below to prepare/train for the airdrops to the troops on the ground fighting the War on Terrorism. Maybe to one of your friends or family members....hmmmm? A minute or two of noise is a small price to pay for your FREEDOM don't you think??
Just be thankful that they are not B-1's and also be thankful for being able to do the things we do...LIVE FREE! Thanks to the military.

altec

The Freqs are changed on a daily basis and are SECURE!! I know, I fly on them.

If they (the C-130's) are bothersome (ie: rattling the walls...etc) complain to the base or Little Rock approach control. Until you do, it is "free" game. Several routes have noise abatement areas as the result of those who complained. Realize also, that Little Rock AFB is a training base, ...we gotta train like we fight!...

The C-130 is a cargo aircraft, but we do other things than just carry pallets of cargo at safe altitudes away from danger. Sometimes we get down to around 500 feet or below to prepare/train for the airdrops to the troops on the ground fighting the War on Terrorism. Maybe to one of your friends or family members....hmmmm? A minute or two of noise is a small price to pay for your FREEDOM don't you think??
Just be thankful that they are not B-1's and also be thankful for being able to do the things we do...LIVE FREE! Thanks to the military.

Hello new member! This is your first post. Welcome aboard. Are you in or from Arkansas? I went to a airshow one time in the rock and it was badass!

Status
Not open for further replies.