• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

LRT system temporarily conks out, city says 'radio units' needed resetting

IdleMonitor

"According to a written statement from transit operations director Troy Charter, “three radio units that are part of the control system needed to be reset” and three trains stopped in the tunnel “as per protocols. "

fmoore

Based on my reading of the various reports and my monitoring of Confederation Line channel comms, it was only the automated system that went out. They were able to operate the trains manually. If my limited understanding is correct it is similar to a aircraft flying VFR in IFR conditions.