LSN and LCN information from Motorola Radio

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
So I am trying to decode a DMR near me and I don't know the LSN or LCNs but I do have a Motorola radio used in their system. Is there a way to get LSN or LCN information from MotoTRBO CPS 2.0? Heres a screenshot of the channel pool in the radio. In the end I want to be able to decode this DMR in SDRTrunk, but as of yet I have had no luck its a Cap+ system obviously and I have been doing a lot of digging to try and figure out the LSN and LCNs and watched many videos on people talking about Cap+ systems
1675316431496.png

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest getting DSD+ Fastlane, in my experience it's the best program out there for trunk tracking DMR & NXDN systems. If you just park a dongle on each frequency DSD+ Fastlane will automatically reveal the LCN info & Color code. If you have multiple dongles, you can run multiple instances of DSD+ and monitor numerous frequencies at once. One great thing about DSD+ Fastlane is it's command line based, so each instance consumes very little memory. I've run as many as five instances at once, I'm sure I could run a lot more than that if I really wanted to.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
I would suggest getting DSD+ Fastlane, in my experience it's the best program out there for trunk tracking DMR & NXDN systems. If you just park a dongle on each frequency DSD+ Fastlane will automatically reveal the LCN info & Color code. If you have multiple dongles, you can run multiple instances of DSD+ and monitor numerous frequencies at once. One great thing about DSD+ Fastlane is it's command line based, so each instance consumes very little memory. I've run as many as five instances at once, I'm sure I could run a lot more than that if I really wanted to.
Is Fastlane the $10 version of DSD?

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Ive been playing with DSD but I saw somewhere its no longer maintained on their website and you have to email them to get an up to date version

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Ive been playing with DSD but I saw somewhere its no longer maintained on their website and you have to email them to get an up to date version
About a year and a half ago they started pushing updates directly through the program itself to make it easier. It's called "DSD+ Fastlane", it's extremely sophisticated. If you email the author they will send you a one-time email with an updated version, then the updates get pushed automatically through the program. It's extremely simple to setup.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
About a year and a half ago they started pushing updates directly through the program itself to make it easier. It's called "DSD+ Fastlane", it's extremely sophisticated. If you email the author they will send you a one-time email with an updated version, then the updates get pushed automatically through the program. It's extremely simple to setup.
Ah okay do you have the email?

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
So I am trying to decode a DMR near me and I don't know the LSN or LCNs but I do have a Motorola radio used in their system. Is there a way to get LSN or LCN information from MotoTRBO CPS 2.0? Heres a screenshot of the channel pool in the radio. In the end I want to be able to decode this DMR in SDRTrunk, but as of yet I have had no luck its a Cap+ system obviously and I have been doing a lot of digging to try and figure out the LSN and LCNs and watched many videos on people talking about Cap+ systems
View attachment 135570

I’ve never played with CPS 2.0, but judging from the columns I’d be willing to bet that “Position” is LCN and Rx frequency is frequency.

Each LCN has 2 LSNs, so LCN 1 = LSN 1 and 2, LCN 2 = LSN 3 and 4, etc.

If you do get DSD+FL up and running keep in mind that the DSD “Ch” channel number for capacity plus is LSN, not LCN.

The Position column above appears to be LCN.

Good luck!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'd have to check but I know CPS 1 would show LCN and LSN. Not sure about CPS 2 though.