LSP Troop A

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie12

Anyone know why Troop A has been dispatching on 5180 instead of 5000? They have been on the 5180 Aircraft ID for about two weeks.

kevins669

Database Admin
Perhaps a the talkgroups were/are patched on the tower you are listening to. There are radios affiliated to their dispatch channel on at least 4 sites I see.

-- Kevin

charlie12

Perhaps a the talkgroups were/are patched on the tower you are listening to. There are radios affiliated to their dispatch channel on at least 4 sites I see.

-- Kevin

I'm listening to LSP HQ tower, Livingston, Geismar, Jackson and Baywood. They're still on 5180 instead of 5000. Nothing on 5000. LSP Disp. 2 is still 5002. As far as I can tell LSP Disp. 1 is the only change.

charlie12

I am getting them on 5180 also. Unless they communicating with the people on the oil spill

Nope nothing to do with the oil spill it's been going on for a couple of months probably. They seem to be switching from 5000 to 5180.
I would like to know who put 5180 in the database as aircraft to see what he heard on 5180 to call it aircraft.

gpswx4cster

It's LSP Headquaters

5180 is LSP Headquarters. Not aircraft. But of course you will hear the aircraft on this talkgroup!

Troop A might be using this talkgroup because of the availability or need for non commissioned dispatchers. LSP would like to go to one statewide dispatcher system based out of headquarters and this might be a test bed for it.

Gary Shuford

charlie12

5180 is LSP Headquarters. Not aircraft. But of course you will hear the aircraft on this talkgroup!

Troop A might be using this talkgroup because of the availability or need for non commissioned dispatchers. LSP would like to go to one statewide dispatcher system based out of headquarters and this might be a test bed for it.

Gary Shuford

That's why I wondered who posted 5180 as aircraft in the database, didn't know if they knew it was something to do with LSP aircraft or they just heard a air unit on there and entered it in the database as aircraft.

How would a statewide dispatch work?

red8

The deal with Troop A is they are using 5180 along with Headquarters during the week and on weekends and night they have been using 5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.