LTR and Uniden 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

I noticed that in the RR database, sometimes LTR system frequencies are divided-up into sites.

But the Uniden BCD996T doesn't seem to allow multiple sites within an LTR system. Any idea why?

I'm trying to monitor a local LTR system called Leading Edge Communications. This system is in/around the Memphis, TN area. I would just string them all together into a single system, but I heard elsewhere that with LTR systems, the ORDER of the frequencies in the list is significant.

Any insight about programming LTR with the 996T would be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Viper43

The 396 doesn't have multisite capabilities, it apparently came down the pike while doing the 996, hopefully some day Undien can get a fix for that though.

Other than having the correct LCN there isn't much to know about LTR systems that isn't in the Wiki pages. You do have to put all the frequencies in with these, they are like Motorola systems with CC only trunking, and you can't hear the data channel as it a sub-audible tone.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I think youll just have to make different systems for each site.. but use the same quick key (say #3) to turn them all on or off at once.

Try and ask in the TN state forum other people from there may have a better idea.

D

DaveNF2G

Viper43 said:
they are like Motorola systems with CC only trunking, and you can't hear the data channel as it a sub-audible tone.

This is only true of LTR-Multinet. LTR-Regular and LTR-Passport do not have control channels. Scanners can only track LTR-Regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.