LTR in Spartanburg - Morris Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Does anyone have the info for their system? I'd like to monitor it when I'm home on leave. I know they switched from 800 back when they sold their operation on those freqs to Nextel. They have/had a UHF LTR system in 2003 before we left the States, so I'm assuming that it's still up and running. I don't have much time at home this time around and would love to have the scanner already programmed up before we leave Spain.

Thanks alot guys and we can't wait to get home.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Do you have a possible callsign?

I'm not familiar with an LTR system in Spartanburg.

Brian

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
That's Paris Mountain, so I've never tried to listen from Spartanburg.

But I have the frequencies in my radio now, and I'll listen for a few days to see if there is any activity.

Brian

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
When they had their 800 TRS, I could hear them well into NC (almost to Charlotte). I want to say that their repeater was on Hogback at that time, but I could be wrong.

Let me know if you hear anything - I have to shut off the internet here on Thursday. We'll be arriving into Spartanburg on the 12th, so hopefully I'll be able to help with figuring their system out.

Won't be there long (leaving the 25th), but at least I'll be back in the land of wonderful monitoring! Spain SUCKS for scanning... 3 years and counting and I'm suprised that I haven't lost my mind...

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I've had them in the radio for a few hours. No traffic. Not even the tell-tale open carrier every 10 seconds. I don't believe those frequencies are active at this time.

Communication Service Center has two 800MHz SMR systems on Paris Mountain, as does WMUU/Bob Jones.

I haven't found any active LTR systems in typical receive range of Spartanburg.

Brian

PS - PM me and maybe we can arrange to talk radios while you're in town.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Sounds like a plan! Anything else worth programming in before we leave here? Any new exciting digital modes?

I sent you a PM.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Nothing digital other than what you'll hear on Palmetto 800 - Greenville, Laurens, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.