LTR Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired this scanner for my birthday. To save time in programming it, I uploaded (and renamed) a 536HP file, which contained two LTR systems. The 536 had received these systems fine, but now my SDS200 seems to only be picking up talkgroups saved in an "Unknown TGIDs" department. I have another department that I created for identified talkgroups, but it doesn't seem to be "seeing" those. In other words, it is only picking up talkgroups saved into the "Unknown TGIDs" department and not the other. It also is giving random bursts of static after transmissions. I've looked over the file again and again in Sentinel, but can't find any issues. Is this some sort of weird compatibility issue between the 536 and SDS200 or something else?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Are you using the same programming/favorite list you used for the 536? Any changes at all?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the same programming/favorite list you used for the 536? Any changes at all?
The only changes to the LTR systems I've made since I uploaded it to the SDS200 were part of my attempts to get the systems to work right. As for the rest of the FL, I've added two additional systems and moved some TGs around in a P25 trunked system I monitor. All of this was done in Sentinel.

Just FYI, everything else seems to be working fine.

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
As far as I can tell, yes. As I said, everything else is working fine except these two LTR systems. I have a third LTR system that I added a few days ago and set it up similar to the other two (one department for identified TGs and another for unidentified ones) and it's working fine.

Ubbe

As I said, everything else is working fine except these two LTR systems.
Read the scanner, and save to another FL name, and study the options and features in the LTR systems. There's a big chance that Sentinel will filter out any strange data and you can then simply write the FL's back to the scanner, if you do not find any strange things with the programming.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.