LTR Multi site + PRO97

Status
Not open for further replies.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
In order to monitor a multisite LTR system, do I need to set up every site in a different bank? I've found so far 3 sites for one, and the LCN numbers repeat in all the sites.

n2mdk

LTR systems must be set up in their own banks and in the proper LCN order. If it's an LRT Multinet system they can not be trunked and need to be set up as conventional.

jerk

In order to monitor a multisite LTR system, do I need to set up every site in a different bank? I've found so far 3 sites for one, and the LCN numbers repeat in all the sites.
What do you mean by Multi-site?

If they are many different sites, and the all use different LCN slots, yes you can...
But if two LCN slots are the same, then they need to go in a separate bank.
The key is dfferent LCN slots, though I'm sure if they same same ID's you'll run into a problem.

I listen to one LTR sytem with a UHF frequency in LCN-06 and a 800MHz frequency in LCN-02
Works fine, so far, but I don't have any ID's programmed or tried to figure out the downside to it yet. But it does track fine with only those two programmed.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah, different sites.
I'll check, because both sites have traffic from Copa Airlines (one site is the airport repeater and one site is a repeater on top of a hill), but I'll probably just program those two sites in two banks and ditch the rest, since they don't have interesting traffic.

So far I have one system similar to what you describe, LCN 05 is one site, LCN18 is a different site, the same people use those antennas, and work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.