LTR/Passport/Multi-Net support in Unitrunker request

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Unitrunker,

Would it be possible for Unitrunker to support LTR, Passport, and Multi-Net trunking in Unitrunker. I have working code that I wrote for all 3 types that use a PIC chip that bitbangs the data to a PC. I am willing to share my code with the developers.

I believe the biggest challenge would be to add a low pass filter to Unitrunker if that is possible or maybe build an external filter that connects between the discriminator audio and the soundcard input.

thanks,

SCPD

QRT
Would it be possible for Unitrunker to support LTR, Passport, and Multi-Net trunking in Unitrunker.
Most definitely. LTR support is currently limited to the GRECOM and Uniden models that provide LTR data output over the radio's control port.

None of these radios provide Passport data.

I believe the biggest challenge would be to add a low pass filter to Unitrunker if that is possible or maybe build an external filter that connects between the discriminator audio and the soundcard input.
It is. I've played with filtering the discriminator audio. The added CPU demand was excessive.

I'd love to see a small low-pass filter circuit used in conjunction with a stereo input eg. pass raw discriminator audio in the left channel, and filtered LTR / Passport data into the right.

The program's main thrust is to cover as many formats as possible - simultaneously - with the least amount of fuss. So far, LTR has been at odds with that goal.

D

DaveNF2G

Even a separate Windows app for LTR would be a step up. To track the various LTR formats now, the only real option is the DOS LTRTrunker.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I'd love to see a small low-pass filter circuit used in conjunction with a stereo input eg. pass raw discriminator audio in the left channel, and filtered LTR / Passport data into the right.

That idea would be great! In fact, having the filtered data in the right channel would be helpful with reading the low speed data on Motorola and EDACS voice channels and would allow for a more efficent way to leave the voice channel more quickly (ie using the low speed data vs. dotting sequency for EDACS) ! Edit: I will start a separate thread on this hardware solution in this forum.

I have another question. Unitrunker has always been a 2 radio solution. One radio to constantly listen to the control channel and the other is controlled by the program. Have you considered the option of a single radio approach? Basically:

1 - Send command to radio to change to control channel
2 - Read data on control channel
3 - When a channel grant is sent, send command to radio to change to that voice channel
4 - Read voice channel data
5 - When voice channel data signals to go back to control, go back to 1 (above).

thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.