LTR Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

Premium Subscriber
Hello All

Is it true that we cannot pickup any conversation on this type of system in the essex county area.

I am using a BC 780XLT.

Thanks for any info.

TD

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe you can pickup the conversations but there's no way to separate out users by tracking the system.

I also believe there's a keyup on the frequencies every couple of seconds. Data skip might help that.

TD

Premium Subscriber
Mike_Oxlong said:
I believe you can pickup the conversations but there's no way to separate out users by tracking the system.

I also believe there's a keyup on the frequencies every couple of seconds. Data skip might help that.

Okay thanks Mike for the info.

TD

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I think there is a application similar to Trunker that will Decode Passport and allow you to control another scanner but haven't played with it myself. Trying to listen to a Passport system conventionally with the Home and Collect channels pulsing away will probably drive you nuts.

richster

ve3nsv said:
I think there is a application similar to Trunker that will Decode Passport and allow you to control another scanner but haven't played with it myself.

Eric Cottrel's Beta 4 release of LTRTrunk and LTRDump will track Passport LTR systems. Here is the link.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5999

ve3nsv said:
Trying to listen to a Passport system conventionally with the Home and Collect channels pulsing away will probably drive you nuts.

Oh you got that right!

Regards,
Richster.

ve3zo

I live in Essex County, and For me to listen to the new county fire system I set my delay to none and turn my data skip on. I am using this method on my 780, T8 and 396. It seems to work fairly well.

Chris
VE3CTP

Status
Not open for further replies.