LTR Software For The New GRE Radio Scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Not yet. Though you do realize that the radio already puts out the raw LTR information in plaintext via the PC/IF port right? "CCDump in advanced Global menu needs to be turned on (Func-GLOB). It's all you need for determining how to program a system.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Hyper Terminal

Wayne,
Thanks for the tip, and I wouldn't be so sure everyone who owns a 500/600 knows about this nice hidden feature, I had overlooked this. I just figured out how to make it work (using an XP machine) by navigating to All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Hyper Terminal. I set up the connection using the settings listed on page 119 (and comm port 7 w/my computer) in the manual. The hyper terminal screen displays the LTR info just like the program LTR Analyzer. Way cool.

Mark

SCPD

QRT
Unitrunker is starting to support LTR. You have to program the LTR system as a TSYS in your radio and it in "Analyze" mode for this to work.

guitarbrian30

question

Wayne,
Thanks for the tip, and I wouldn't be so sure everyone who owns a 500/600 knows about this nice hidden feature, I had overlooked this. I just figured out how to make it work (using an XP machine) by navigating to All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Hyper Terminal. I set up the connection using the settings listed on page 119 (and comm port 7 w/my computer) in the manual. The hyper terminal screen displays the LTR info just like the program LTR Analyzer. Way cool.

Mark

What do you mean hyper terminal? Is this like a com port viewing program? I have the same PSR and XP..

Sounds wicked cool

tonycash

Wayne,

Mark
OK, I got a bunch of stuff scrolling up the screen in Hyper Terminal.
What good is it and what can I do with it?

Fairly new to scanning
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.