LTR System in Royal Oak MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPike

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I was just curious if anyone knows or has had any activity on the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak MI LTR system? It is near the bottom of the trunked systems in Oakland County MI on the RR site. I have loaded this into my scanner over 3 weeks ago and have never received any kind of transmission on that trunked system. I am less than ½ mile from the hospital by the way the crow flies and I would think I would get some activity on it.
I am new to trunked systems so I am wondering if maybe I do not have it set up correctly.
Here is info on my scanner and how I have that system loaded;
Scanner is a PRO-2055 Triple Trunking unit (I had a PRO-433 that quit working after 2 weeks that it was loaded on as well but never received anything)
I downloaded the info from the RR site and loaded to the scanner using WIN97 software.
I have the 5 frequencies listed loaded into Bank 0 Channel 00 through 04 and they are in the order of the small number next to the frequency. I have double checked that. The 5 trunked id’s show up in the trunked subbank 0 in the lower right of WIN97. The trunked subbanks in WIN97 are all turned on and none of the id’s are locked out. Still nothing.
Does anyone know if this system is still active or have any advice or suggestions on what I may have done wrong in the settings of my scanner?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I was just curious if anyone knows or has had any activity on the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak MI LTR system? It is near the bottom of the trunked systems in Oakland County MI on the RR site. I have loaded this into my scanner over 3 weeks ago and have never received any kind of transmission on that trunked system. I am less than ½ mile from the hospital by the way the crow flies and I would think I would get some activity on it.
I am new to trunked systems so I am wondering if maybe I do not have it set up correctly.
Here is info on my scanner and how I have that system loaded;
Scanner is a PRO-2055 Triple Trunking unit (I had a PRO-433 that quit working after 2 weeks that it was loaded on as well but never received anything)
I downloaded the info from the RR site and loaded to the scanner using WIN97 software.
I have the 5 frequencies listed loaded into Bank 0 Channel 00 through 04 and they are in the order of the small number next to the frequency. I have double checked that. The 5 trunked id’s show up in the trunked subbank 0 in the lower right of WIN97. The trunked subbanks in WIN97 are all turned on and none of the id’s are locked out. Still nothing.
Does anyone know if this system is still active or have any advice or suggestions on what I may have done wrong in the settings of my scanner?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Its on hold. They are still on their old repeater systems. WBH-RO ran out of money and put a hold on all new projects and laided off 10% of the workforce last month.

DPike

Premium Subscriber
Its on hold. They are still on their old repeater systems. WBH-RO ran out of money and put a hold on all new projects and laided off 10% of the workforce last month.
Ok Thanks that makes sense. I knew they were in money trouble and I knew that put some constration on hold and let a bunch of people go but I didn't know that was a new project for them. Like I said I am new to trunking.
Thanks again.

RayAir

They were using it for a while. Food services/dietary was on it and so was maintenance.
But, I haven't heard anything on it for a couple of months. I could hear it almost to White Lake so it had some decent range.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
Ok I spent the night last night with a relative at the hospital. Ray_air is right, System is still up but hasnt been expaned to other groups yet. Just food services/dietary and maintenance. Told not to be expanded till 2010

Spent the night locating the LUN order of the freq's.

DPike

Use Bank 0 Channel 01 through 05 not Channel 00 through 04
Set it to LTR

Freq's / LUN

01 422.675000
02 422.225000
03 422.400000
04 422.475000
05 422.825000

I'll update the database here.

DPike

Premium Subscriber
Ok I spent the night last night with a relative at the hospital. Ray_air is right, System is still up but hasnt been expaned to other groups yet. Just food services/dietary and maintenance. Told not to be expanded till 2010

Spent the night locating the LUN order of the freq's.

DPike

Use Bank 0 Channel 01 through 05 not Channel 00 through 04
Set it to LTR

Freq's / LUN

01 422.675000
02 422.225000
03 422.400000
04 422.475000
05 422.825000

I'll update the database here.
Hi W8JJR
Thanks for the update I will move them to channel 01 through 05 as you suggest above.
I do have a couple of questions, 1st does it have to be in bank 0 or can it be in any bank as long as the LUN are in channel 01 through 05? 2nd should I leave channel 00 blank and lastly can I just move them down in WIN97 and re-send to my scanner or do I need to re-download from the site? If I just move them down do I need to do anything with the talk groups that I have loaded into sub banks or will they be fine the way they are?
Thanks
Dave
DPike

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
can be in any bank. Use win97 to move down and select LTR.

Last edited:

DPike

Premium Subscriber
Hi W8JJR
That is exactly how I have it set up execpt the order you posted does match your WIN97 screen print. I have it in the order you posted yesterday. ch01 422.675,ch02 422.225,ch03 422.400,ch04 422.475,ch05 422.825 if I need to change the order to match your screen print please let me know.
Thanks

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
I know you have it working but for others use what I posted not screen print

Status
Not open for further replies.