• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LTR Trunking With Unknown TGID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Anybody know how to monitor a UHF Trunking system if you don't know the TGID's.. I had it set up on my OLD kenwood but with this new one I'm not sure how do it, I can put in the system but how do I set it up where I hear all of the traffic across the system regardless of the ID.. This is because I don't know the ID's yet and want to monitor all of them.
I currently have a Kenwood 8180, Any input is helpful.. I've messed with it and not figured it out yet.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
With the system set up and at least one GID entered (a dummy one is OK), go to zone edit and find "block IDs". In decode use 1 as start and 250 as end. This will cause the radio to unmute on any ID that shows up on that home channel. It will not follow those block IDs on trunk-off (any valid GIDs you have entered though will trunk normally), nor will it display anything different on the LCD. It's kinda like a monitor button for the home channel. If you want to listen another home channel you'll need to change that or make a new system. You can use the start/end range to narrow down certain IDs.

Last edited:

btritch

Got it. It's listed under Zone Edit. I was looking under GID edit..
Thanks For The Info.. I'll change it once they actually switch to that system, But it's a system in progress they're in the middle of changing over to and haven't completely yet, I wanted to monitor it till they got on it for good. I'll change it eventually but for now this way will work. Thank You..

btritch

What if I have 2 different home channels. Do I need to make one for each channel? I went in and put one like you stated above and I never hear a thing. But they could be on another home channel which is Why I ask if I need to put that setup in 3 times for 3 control channels.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Should work. Maybe what you tried is a "trunk to" channel and not a home channel for any ID. Possible that of all the system channels only one may be the home channel for all IDs. Yes you can make multiple channels of the same system and give each a different home channel and then scan them to look for the activity.

btritch

Should work. Maybe what you tried is a "trunk to" channel and not a home channel for any ID. Possible that of all the system channels only one may be the home channel for all IDs. Yes you can make multiple channels of the same system and give each a different home channel and then scan them to look for the activity.
I'll have to check the settings and see about that..

Status
Not open for further replies.