LTR trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuDoc

I am trying to program my BC246T for LTR trunking. I was given four frequencys that are associated with the service I am trying to monitor.

I was given these from a friend through another friend so it is third party information. Is there any way to determine the LCN number for each frequency given. The radios of this service are already programmed. They use the CDM1550·LS+ made by Motorola for there radios. Is there any way to get into the functions of this radio so I can see how the frequencys are listed.

On my pro2006 scanner I have them programmed in and do realize that I will not be able to tunk track it. When something comes up on the pro2006 the BC246T just keeps scanning away and does not stop on the channel. If I program the frequencys in as a convential system on the BC246T then I can hear audio from different companies just as it is on the PRO2006.

According to the FCC database there is 12 trunked frequencys assocaited with one of the frequencys I searched on. So If I had to program all 12 what would the order be?

The main one I have is 502.8875 and was told that this was the main frequency.

Occasionally I will get a talk group ID on the BC246T with a dead carrier sound and no audio.

Any help is appreciated. The FCC database lists Direct Connect as the license holder.

I tried looking for a manual on line for the CDM1550·LS+ but could not find one even from the Motorola site.

I also tried keying up the radio while the BC246T scanner was scanning and it did not receive anything. I am using the BC246T with the ID search mode and still nothing comes up.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Is the system listed in the RR database? If not, the information at http://home.hvc.rr.com/bpetrow/ltr.htm might help. If you have access to a system radio, that should make things easier. FCC records will not help to determine repeater numbers.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Likely that this is the system you are trying to listen to
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=2633

This system is licensed to Homan Communications and is part of a system called Homtrak.
http://www.homtrak.com/gtwr.htm

The CDM1550·LS+ will do Conventional, Regular LTR, and Passport LTR. Homtrak is a Passport system and it appears there are Regular LTR users on the Waterford Works site. It is possible to have both Regular LTR and Passport at the same site.

502.88750 being listed as an unknown LCN on the Waterford Works site suggests to me that it is a Passport LTR Home Channel. If you listen to the frequency conventionally do you hear a keyup every one to four seconds?

The bad news is that no scanner currently available will trunktrack Passport. It is possible to do it with a computer, software, and a low-pass data slicer. See the various threads about Passport LTR for more info.

73 Eric

CompuDoc

Actually Homtrak is not the system I am trying to listen to. I read the article from the link provided on LTR trunking and used method 2 for the BC246T. I programed 20 systems with the frequency of 502.8875 with an LCN increasing by one of the frequency in each system. So system one would have an LCN of 1 and system 2 would have an LCN 2 etc.

The result was that audio was coming through each time on the LTR 4 system with an LCN of 4. I then went to where I work and keyed up the radio in a truck and all 20 systems scanned with no carrier so my guess is that there probably on an LTR Passport system. When I put the BC246T in close call mode with the repaeter find feature it came up repaeter found with the frequency of 502.8875. I'm going to call the company that they provide repeater service to and if I can talk to the guy that was supposed to call me back but hasn't yet and ask him if it is in fact a passport system.

Now if it is not then I wonder if I do the same 20 system setp for EDACS if that would work. The only information I was able to get so far is the frequencys and that it is a Johnson repater system.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
If that's EF Johnson, they don't sell EDACS systems and I don't think they are licensed for Passport either.

When you got audio on LCN 4, what talkgroup ID was displayed on the 246?

CompuDoc

pro92b said:
If that's EF Johnson, they don't sell EDACS systems and I don't think they are licensed for Passport either.

When you got audio on LCN 4, what talkgroup ID was displayed on the 246?

Seeing that I had the scanner in ID Search mode all different ones were coming up but they all were 0-04-XXX so it was the same repeater.

I was also finally able to talk to the first person that was supposed to call me back. He confirmed that the main frequency is in fact Channel 4 he also gave me the other channels. I also confirmed with him of the talk group ID and I did have that correct.

Had of I not been able to talk to him I would have still been able to figure it out it would have just taken me a few more days. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.