LTRLogger 1.0.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
I put together a simple Windows commandline application that outputs LTR data from a Uniden BCD396XT scanner in a readily human-usable format. It is primarily intended to facilitate easy identification of the logical channel numbers used in a given LTR system. While holding on an LTR channel (with control channel output enabled) you will see the current LCN and free channel numbers as well as the talkgroup and current state of the channel (e.g., idle, transmitting, end of transmission, busy).

The BCD996XT probably also works but I haven't tested it. If I get particularly inspired I might eventually put a simple Windows GUI around this but it is what it is for now. No warranty. Use at your own risk. Yadda yadda. :)

LTRLogger

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
disregard my previous comment. Unitrunker works just fine for doing this on the GRE guts so I didn't need to ask.

Mike

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Gonna give it a go on both my 396XT & 996XT.

Thanks for putting this together Eric!

I will let you know how the 996XT reacts.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Eric,
I can verify the software also works with the 996XT.
Thanks again for putting this together!
Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
Eric - don't you wish you had this six or so years ago when you and Lou were mapping all those LTR systems in Houston? :)

ericcarlson

Database Admin
We've come a long way from the good old days of figuring our LTRs by brute force one frequency at a time using a BC780XLT.

paul612

Premium Subscriber
eric, i got the program to work on my 396xt. Is there a way to save a log of the output? and can you explain more in depth what the information is and how to decipher it. Such as how does it help you determine the LCN and how would it help you find freqs you may be missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.