Lubbock city/county

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooten3

I noticed that recently I stopped receiving Lubbock Fire. I receive all the rest of the P25 trunked communications and I ws receiving LFD. However, recently LFD dropped off. I don't see any posts regarding this nor do I see any changes in the database. Any insights?

Lonestar

twobytwo

I am still receiving them. Dont know what to tell you. They used chs 6,7, &10 during the airport training exercise.

twobytwo

Forgot to add. Do you have the paging channel programmed? This would give good indication of upcoming transmissions.

FireJustin

Policy changes more than anything. There is far less traffic lately because CAD / MDT updates allow them to go 'available by radio' or 'out of service' (for whatever reason) via MDT. Most single-unit responses they'll mark 'en route' via MDT as well.

hooten3

I am still receiving them. Dont know what to tell you. They used chs 6,7, &10 during the airport training exercise.
I really don’t want to appear stupid, but, are these conventional channels or the ones on the Phase II database in RR?

hooten3

Forgot to add. Do you have the paging channel programmed? This would give good indication of upcoming transmissions.
Yes, I hear the Alerts which I believe is the paging, I just never hear Fire. It looks like everything is programmed correctly, but it could be on my end for sure. Thanks for your feedback.

twobytwo

The paging frequency is 854.6625. It can be monitored with any scanner that receives 800 Mhz., so it should be no problem and is operared independtly of the city system. The LFR channels are on the city system. If you are receiving other city depts or the sheriff you should hear them.
Dont feel like you are asking stupid questions we are here to help you not judge. Also I have some questions to ask in order to help you. What type of scanner do you have? You are not getting the county and city confused? The county uses 154.445 for paging and county fires.,ch 2 is 156.21. Feel free to ask any questions , there should be someone here to help you.

FireJustin

I'd also probably ask what scanner you are using to monitor these agencies. From time to time, during updates, the Uniden 436/536 or SDS can forget what service types you want to hear.

hooten3

I appreciate all your help. This is a great hobby and I want to get all that I can on the budget I have. I am very pleased with the 325P2 and enjoy the portability when I am out of the house. All of this can get rather complicated and confusing, so, I truly appreciate the feedback. I am retired military and greatly appreciate our first responders, especially during this current crisis.

hooten3

I must have something incorrectly set on my 325P2. I ham able to hear all the channel's , including Sheriff Dept Bailiffs. But I have nothing on the Fire Department. I went to RR live feed and was able to hear fire traffic. So, I am rather frustrated. Everything looks ok, But . . .
Any suggestions as to how to check for issues would be greatly appreciated.

hooten3

I do have an older PC that I have been using, but I spend so much time on my Mac for work that it is a little bit of a hassle to switch, but small price to pay I guess.

hooten3

Ok, this doesn’t make much sense to me but, I noticed that I had a quick key set for LFD. That was the only difference that I could notice . I deactivated the quick key and now I’m hearing the Fire Marshall and assuming I’ll hear the rest. 82856

hooten3

Just to set the record straight, as I reviewed my actions, I realized that I was using the ARC-XT software package to compare all my settings. When I saw that the LFD had a Quick Key set, I removed it. After I reviewed everything, I uploaded from the computer to the scanner. It is possible that the upload itself remedied the issue with the LFD. I simply don't know. At any rate, all is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.