Lucas County EMS Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

2001scoop

Feed Provider
Sounds like LCEMS paging went to the trunking system. Does anybody know what the talkgroup is?

Last edited:

fyrfyter33

Sounds like LCEMS paging went to the trunking system. Does anybody know what the talkgroup is?

Paging tone outs don't work well on a trunking system. The system has difficulty in carrying the tones correctly.

I'm guessing they probably went to a new UHF or 800MHz frequency for this, probably not a talkgroup.

Phoenix805

Paging tone outs don't work well on a trunking system. The system has difficulty in carrying the tones correctly.

I'm guessing they probably went to a new UHF or 800MHz frequency for this, probably not a talkgroup.

<laughing> I didn't know that. That's probably why I heard a dozen tones the other night and they all sounded like crap! I wasn't paying attention to talkgroups. If I hear them again I'll make a point to check and report back.

I'm thinking they were Lucas county but after thinking about it they might have been from Fulton county.

Last edited:

wfd836

Premium Subscriber
Lucas County Life Squads now carry Unication G4 pagers. When they alert, the pager alerts and there is only voice from the dispatcher for that specific life squad. Having had the opportunity to program a G5 (unrelated to LCEMS) for trunking, my understanding is they alert only when a talkgroup is active. This would lead me to believe there are now specific talkgroups for each life squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.