Lucas County System, question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Will the Lucas County System become a simulcast system of MARCS IP? Or is it already part of MARCS?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Will the Lucas County System become a simulcast system of MARCS IP? Or is it already part of MARCS?

It is a standalone system, not part of MARCS and may never be part of MARCS.

Does OHP/MARCS at least have one 'common channel' linked to TPD radios? It sure would have been handy for OHP to call TPD and tell them about the vehicle going 70MPH down Greenwood Avenue before it t-boned and flipped the TPD vehicle on East Broadway this past Monday morning.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Does OHP/MARCS at least have one 'common channel' linked to TPD radios? It sure would have been handy for OHP to call TPD and tell them about the vehicle going 70MPH down Greenwood Avenue before it t-boned and flipped the TPD vehicle on East Broadway this past Monday morning.

There are several talkgroups that are available to communicate between OSP an users on the Lucas County System.

On the Lucas County System talkgroup 12185 is an interop patch to the Post 48 talkgroup on MARCS. There is also interop talkgroups for Post 48 and Post 87. Not to mention that all Lucas County radio have the MARCS interop talkgroups programmed.

On MARCS talkgroup 25296 is an interop patch from the Lucas County system. This patch has TPD and Lucas County SO on it.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know why 10432 (Old North Patrol TG for TPD is not used anymore... would have made more sense to me for Central to be on 10432 and South on 10440... use 10448 as a tac or something. I know it' still in their radio because I see a key up every now and then.

What is 10432 used for now?

ctpd845

Feed Provider
They stopped using the North Patrol talkgroup when they closed the Northwest District Station several years ago. They combined the North district into the Central district. This was done as a money saving option, not only by closing the station but also eliminating one dispatcher per shift.

The Northwest District Station hassince reopened but they do not have a roll call there. Meaning no regular patrol officers work out of that station.

The North Patrol talkgroup is still around in case they ever reform the old North patrol district. So for the time being, the old North Patrol talkgroup has no use.

I bought a big (4 foot wide x 2 feet high) curved high-gain directional antenna (like you see at TF&R stations) AND I still can't get a reliable signal to decode LC/NWORPS system on my POS PRO-96 scanner. I tried aiming it one direction, checking decode (get 53%, 80%, 0%, 33% etc) and then move it about 15 degrees and try again. Still no consistent, not even half, of the calls decoded.
Should I try horizontal polarization instead of vertical? I'm in West Toledo, and I thought my best bet is to ONLY get the Station 18 tower or Flower Hospital tower? Very frustrating all that I've tried in order to try and get a simple APCO25 CQPSK system to decode within the city limits. Ready to throw the scanner off the roof...

Status
Not open for further replies.