• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Lucas County TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

denseglow

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
122
Are any of the Lucas County TGs active on the MARCS system? I see Lucas County TAC on there, did anyone hear traffic on it or what?
 

jpryor

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
566
Location
Nashville / Green Hill TN
Sheriff units and Radio Service testing, the "SO-48 TAC" is in the Lucas County 800 MHz portables that some Sheriff and EMA/FDs have (as well as Toledo 800 system talkgroups). I few FDs also received some MARCS portables via grants and have talkgroups.
 

VolCapt

Member
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
19
jpryor said:
Sheriff units and Radio Service testing, the "SO-48 TAC" is in the Lucas County 800 MHz portables that some Sheriff and EMA/FDs have (as well as Toledo 800 system talkgroups).
OK maybe a dumb question here:

How is this talk group programmed in radios on the Toledo TRS? Doesn't the radio have to operate on the MARCS frequencies to have one of their talkgroups? Or is this TG patched between the two systems.

I'm asking because my department has been told that our new Lucas County 800 TRS portables will have Monroe County talk groups on them when we get them next year. Wondering how this works since they are different systems.

Thanks.
 

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
4,343
Location
Ohio
VolCapt said:
How is this talk group programmed in radios on the Toledo TRS? Doesn't the radio have to operate on the MARCS frequencies to have one of their talkgroups? Or is this TG patched between the two systems.

I'm asking because my department has been told that our new Lucas County 800 TRS portables will have Monroe County talk groups on them when we get them next year. Wondering how this works since they are different systems.
The system in question is programmed into the radio. It's totally transparent to the user; all they have to do is change channels, but the radio itself knows that channel is on a different system and changes to that system.

Tom WA8PYR
 

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
11,356
Location
Lansing, MI
From what I heard the Monroe Co will use the other method - talkgroups will be separate on both system (so MI users use MPSCS freq's, OH users on Lucas Co's freqs) and the setup at TFD 18 will link them.
 

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Lead Database Admin
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
4,343
Location
Ohio
rdale said:
From what I heard the Monroe Co will use the other method - talkgroups will be separate on both system (so MI users use MPSCS freq's, OH users on Lucas Co's freqs) and the setup at TFD 18 will link them.
That's another way to go; the only real advantage to it is that the user does not have to leave their home system. Also kind of adds another level of complexity to the system that way...

Tom WA8PYR
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top