Lucas County TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

denseglow

Are any of the Lucas County TGs active on the MARCS system? I see Lucas County TAC on there, did anyone hear traffic on it or what?

jpryor

Sheriff units and Radio Service testing, the "SO-48 TAC" is in the Lucas County 800 MHz portables that some Sheriff and EMA/FDs have (as well as Toledo 800 system talkgroups). I few FDs also received some MARCS portables via grants and have talkgroups.

VolCapt

jpryor said:
Sheriff units and Radio Service testing, the "SO-48 TAC" is in the Lucas County 800 MHz portables that some Sheriff and EMA/FDs have (as well as Toledo 800 system talkgroups).

OK maybe a dumb question here:

How is this talk group programmed in radios on the Toledo TRS? Doesn't the radio have to operate on the MARCS frequencies to have one of their talkgroups? Or is this TG patched between the two systems.

I'm asking because my department has been told that our new Lucas County 800 TRS portables will have Monroe County talk groups on them when we get them next year. Wondering how this works since they are different systems.

Thanks.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
VolCapt said:
How is this talk group programmed in radios on the Toledo TRS? Doesn't the radio have to operate on the MARCS frequencies to have one of their talkgroups? Or is this TG patched between the two systems.

I'm asking because my department has been told that our new Lucas County 800 TRS portables will have Monroe County talk groups on them when we get them next year. Wondering how this works since they are different systems.

The system in question is programmed into the radio. It's totally transparent to the user; all they have to do is change channels, but the radio itself knows that channel is on a different system and changes to that system.

Tom WA8PYR

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
From what I heard the Monroe Co will use the other method - talkgroups will be separate on both system (so MI users use MPSCS freq's, OH users on Lucas Co's freqs) and the setup at TFD 18 will link them.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
rdale said:
From what I heard the Monroe Co will use the other method - talkgroups will be separate on both system (so MI users use MPSCS freq's, OH users on Lucas Co's freqs) and the setup at TFD 18 will link them.

That's another way to go; the only real advantage to it is that the user does not have to leave their home system. Also kind of adds another level of complexity to the system that way...

Tom WA8PYR

Status
Not open for further replies.