Lucas County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

denseglow

With Lucas County moving to the new TRS soon. Are all fire departments going to move? Also, will they all keep thier own dispatches or be taken over by a "county-wide" disptach. I'm thinking along the lines of Monroe Coutny Fire, they're all dispatched on one TG, then swich for on scene coms. Thanks!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
denseglow said:
With Lucas County moving to the new TRS soon. Are all fire departments going to move? Also, will they all keep thier own dispatches or be taken over by a "county-wide" disptach. I'm thinking along the lines of Monroe Coutny Fire, they're all dispatched on one TG, then swich for on scene coms. Thanks!

That is a good question! I have heard that a new 9-1-1 Dispatch Center was coming with this deal, but no clue as to how fire dispatching will be handled. How have they done it in the past?

Just recently, Lucas County applied to the FCC for an STA, which is designed to let them bring the system online for testing purposes. They are still waiting for final approval from the FCC to grant them a permanent license. Once the STA is granted, I would start to look for new digital activity on their frequencies within 30 days.

73's

Ron

VolCapt

denseglow said:

Yes, all Fire Departments in Lucas County will be using the new system.

As I understand it, my department will still be paged out on our current UHF frequency. (We are already spending $20,000 + that we had not planned on, so it would be a further strain to have to purchase new pagers for VHF as well.) All other comms will be on the new system.

We are dispatched by LCSO but I would like to see EMS or Toledo Fire dispatching us. As far as one "central" dispatch, I doubt that some of the bigger suburbs like Sylvania, Oregon, etc. will give up having their own dispatch centers and PSAPs.

No info so far on TGs...

denseglow

Hmm, I see the 157.45 freq. is that going to be analog? Also, who will be paged over it? And if you don't mind me asking what department are you with? Also, I am currently attending OCC for Emergency Medical Technology and I am trying to duplicate an EMS radio on my scanner, I know they use HT1000's, I've even seen a HT750 out there, and they use 16 channel units. Obviously channels one thru 10 are meds, I know five are UHF departments and 16 is sheriff main. Could you possibly try to get a channel order for me? Thanks!!

Last edited:

VolCapt

denseglow said:
Hmm, I see the 157.45 freq. is that going to be analog? Also, who will be paged over it? And if you don't mind me asking what department are you with? Also, I am currently attending OCC for Emergency Medical Technology and I am trying to duplicate an EMS radio on my scanner, I know they use HT1000's, I've even seen a HT750 out there, and they use 16 channel units. Obviously channels one thru 10 are meds, I know five are UHF departments and 16 is sheriff main. Could you possibly try to get a channel order for me? Thanks!!

I have not heard who will be using 157.450...my department will not, we will keep using 464.750 for paging (That should tell you what dept. I am with ;-) ).

I have no idea what's in the EMS portables since we don't operate a Life Squad...I can only say for sure that our frequency is in there somewhere because they occasionaly call us for a patient update while enroute or try to call dispatch on our channel rather than Med 10.

Good luck with your class @ Owens, they have a good program (I believe it is still run by the same people that run the NWO Paramedic Program at MUO which is where I went for EMT class).

Status
Not open for further replies.