Lucas Oil Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been to your great city in years & never been to that raceway.I will be coming down on Labor Weekend for the MAC Tool Nationals. Does anyone know if there are any race related freqs, or for the raceway itself to monitor ? I found all the PD/FD/AIR stuff I need, but was looking for some 'at the track' monitoring.Searched 'Lucas Oil Raceway' in the Forums & Database and came up empty.....

Thanks !!!!

W9NES

Try 151.625,and 151.925,I used to live near the area of Lucas Raceway that used to be Indianapolis Raceway Park and heard radio traffic on those freqs.You might do a search on the fcc data base for Indianapolis Raceway Park for freqs that were licensed to IRP.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
When I started being involved with Sports Car Club of America events at IRP back in the 1980's, the SCCA race officials and IRP track operations, safety, and maintenance staff were using 151.625, 151,925, and 154.600 MHz.

But, the track staff quit using VHF some time ago and started using UHF around 462 MHz. Don't know if they got licenses for those frequencies or if they were using rented radios. The SCCA corner workers also switched to UHF in the 462 range, too, though the race officials were still using 154.600. At one time, there was an off-site airport parking company that had a repeater with the output on 151.625 (yes, not allowed, but they were doing it anyway) which made use of that frequency at IRP pretty much useless for anyone in the control tower at the track. When the SCCA raced out there, we used IRP wreckers and ambulances, so it made it pretty handy for everyone to be on UHF. At one time, I had a list of frequencies, but it's been 2-3 years since I was involved in any SCCA events at LOR/IRP, so I've had no reason to interface with those folks.

My guess is that NHRA is using UHF also. They probably have a nationwide license for a few frequencies. The track people may be using the same freqs.

W9NES

Thanks for the update on LOR/IRP Bob W9RXR. If you find your new list for LOR could you please post the infomation and send it to the database to reflect the update for Hendricks County.LOS/IRP is in Hendricks County and is west of the Marion County Line on US 136.

W9NES

I did a FCC data base search for IRP and found the following with a active license until 9/29/2013. Call Sign WNMS 642 Frequency 151.775, Licensed for 1 Base and 25 mobiles with a 30 watt output.It shows on the FCC databse (2) Addresses for the same location. IRP- 9901 Crawsfordville Road, Indianapolis(Hendricks County) and also 10267 East US136, Indianapolis, 46234

ind224

I'd search 150-159 and 450-470 with the 450-470 being more likely (smaller antennas) and what they used for the Trucks/Nationwide stuff in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.