Lucas Oil Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what type of radio system they are using at the new Lucas Oil Stadium?

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
The license calles for repeaters (FB2) and standerd FM voice (11K0F3E). No digits. I havent heard any transmissions yet, have you. At 75 Watts ERT, I should hear something (at Anderson), depending on where they put the antenna. df

djl998

MECA has lots of talkgroups for RCA Dome personnel. I don't know if they ever used them at the Dome, but if they did, they would presumably use them at the new stadium.

SCPD

QRT
Yes MECA on the old Analog SYS 2 used a lot of TG for the RCA dome from Electricians to plumbing to House keeping and security and so on but from what I have heard Lucas oil is going with there own system for those ops and security will be on with PD on MECA SYS 1 digital so it looks like they wont use SYS 2 as much as they did in the past we will have to wait and see when they get more events in there.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The radios I saw stadium staff members using on Saturday appeared to be Motorola HT-1250s with UHF antennas. That's consistent with the license applications which were for 450-470 MHz frequencies.

sly1

The radios I saw stadium staff members using on Saturday appeared to be Motorola HT-1250s with UHF antennas. That's consistent with the license applications which were for 450-470 MHz frequencies.

I can second this - I also saw staff from "Center Plate" the company that handles concessions / food & beverage / catering using these same radios.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
I wonder why they don't combine the Ops and Security all on the same system? Maybe IMPD will be the Security. Who knows

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but since the Indiana Wiki points to this thread for information on Lucas Oil Stadium, I thought I’d post some updates here.

Indeed LOS is using an 8 channel LTR system for stadium operations. It is/was what is in the database as the Indiana Convention Center system. I’ve submitted the correct LCN information to the database. There are also 12 conventional UHF channels that are listed on the same license with the LTR system that seem to be used as talk-around channels;

451.2375, D627 – Possible Event talkaround
451.4875, D754
451.6125, D654 – CSC Event Staff talkaround

When I first got to Lucas Oil Stadium earlier this week, there was a memo posted by security warning everyone that they were going to be taking down the radio system to add more frequencies to prevent the busy signals they were having problems with. It appeared to be dated from earlier this summer, so they are now operating with their additional repeaters.

- Chris

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Chris

Thanks for the updates and information.

This brings up another question to those Indy-based listeners regarding Lucas Oil Stadium and the MECA talkgroups that are listed. Has anyone confirmed these are being used???

Any specific details on the non-public safety side of MECA's system (DOT, DPW, IndyGo, etc.) would be appreciated!!!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
IndyGo uses only the three listed.. 1 for primary dispatch, 1 for ALL CALLS, and then an admin one. That was still the set up at least til May, when I moved. I never heard any of the LOS specific TG's but I know that IMPD along with LOS Staff, ICC Staff, and CFH Staff all worked events on the System I Tac tg's. ICC (Indiana Convention Center) CHF (Conseco Field House) I monitored this during Colt's Games, GenCon, Pacer's Games, and the kick butt WNBA games, and an concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.