Luzerne County P25

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Latest update testing and acceptance being delayed until at least Q2 of 2022.
Not uncommon for new radio projects. Factor in COVID-related labor force shortages and shortages of construction materials, the delays can mount. These types of contracts have provisions for unforseen "acts of God," and it's likely they have been used liberally across the country. The radio replacement project in our county has been stretched out for several more years due to COVID costs and other delays.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Yeah. That’s the blame. Construction on a few tower sites have been delayed and they don’t want to accept without proper foliage testing. We’ll see how much that delays things into 2022. On the plus side that means more time to listen to the PD before, well, the switch is flipped unnecessarily.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I haven’t had time to look but still haven’t found an official list of frequencies for this yet.
BUT, today was the first time I’ve heard testing being done on it. Not a lot. Once or twice an hour and it sounded awful even for a P25 system. But it appears they’re finally at an initial testing phase.
Unfortunately they were testing while I was working and the tests were very quick so I missed catching any information other than catching they were testing.