Luzerne County P25

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Unfortunately I cant get reception to the system unless I go outside on my porch which faces south into Luzerne, and I didnt get out in time to get it I guess,
Well this is twice I’ve heard it happen during the afternoon now. I’ll keep an ear open for it again the rest of the week.

matt183100

Feed provider
Feed Provider
are they only do it during the day or are they doing during the night as well

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I’ve only heard it during late morning until after 20:00 the first day and early morning until around 14:00 yesterday. I have an SDS 100 monitoring only this system and set at max volume so I’ll hear any transmissions coming over while I work. Nothing heard yet today and the screen is still dark so I don’t think it’s patching today.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps the tg is not strapped, and only comes up when a special someone decides to turn their subscriber onto the channel.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps the tg is not strapped, and only comes up when a special someone decides to turn their subscriber onto the channel.
The patch could only be turned on and off from a dispatch console not a field subscriber unit.

One13Truck

Feed Provider

Possibly? I was thinking maybe certain consoles had it activated and others didn’t or they had it set up to only patch certain areas of the county (maybe as roaming coverage tests?) but there were times where the same dispatchers were tapping out calls and one time it’s not patched and then the following two calls may be then it’s off again.
I don’t know. I’m sure there’s a reason it keeps flipping on and off but I haven’t seen a pattern. And it’s probably above my pay grade anyway. 😂

ra7850

For those of you that are using eiother the Uniden SDS100 or SDS200 are you porogaminng this system in as conventional frequencies? I used Proscan to downlod the system from the RR database, and for whatever reason it won't scan any of the frequencies as programmed from the database. I have boht the Uniden 436 & 536 scanners as well but havent tried downloading the system fromt he databse into them set to see if it works on them.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
For those of you that are using eiother the Uniden SDS100 or SDS200 are you porogaminng this system in as conventional frequencies? I used Proscan to downlod the system from the RR database, and for whatever reason it won't scan any of the frequencies as programmed from the database. I have boht the Uniden 436 & 536 scanners as well but havent tried downloading the system fromt he databse into them set to see if it works on them.

Below is the system that is being discussed. It should be programmed as a P25 trunking system, not conventional. Note that it is under construction with some testing, and is not operational at this point.

Using Unitrunker or similar software would be the way I would analyze its progress at this point.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
After you imported from the RRDB, did you write the Favorites to the scanner?
When you did a write to the scanner, did you check the option "Turn On Service Types..."? or selected the service types in the scanner?
If you assigned Favorites Quick Keys to the Favorites Lists then are they turned on? Same with the System/Site Quick Keys.

See this document on possible causes and the section: Uniden 3-Tier DMA For BCD436HP, BCD536HP, SDS100, & SDS200

One13Truck

Feed Provider

I haven’t messed with the system much in my 536 yet but it works fine as a P25 system in my 436, 100, and 200 when there’s activity on the system which is only occasional right now.

Unfortunately I can’t help much with the Proscan. I hand program all of my scanners and use Sentinel only as a backup to save the programming to in case the SD card crap out.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Based on the 2019 RFP, this would be the list of talkgroups mentioned in the RFP. The question marks/italics indicate talkgroups that may not have been implemented based on newer info available.

Is it possible the talkgroup identified as fire dispatch is one of the four main fire talkgroups below (North, South, East, West) and that's why there are not transmissions all the time? Or, it could be that county fire talkgroup and they are still fiddling with things leading to the inconsistent transmissions.

Countywide (All)
PD Zone A
PD Zone B
PD Zone C
PD Zone D
PD Tac 1
PD Tac 2
PD Tac 3
PD Tac 4
PD Tac 5
PD Tac 6
PD Tac 7?
PD Tac 8?
PD Tac 9?
PD Tac 10?
PD Tac 11?
PD Tac 12?
WBPD Dispatch
WBPD Ops 1?
WBPD Ops 2?
Sheriff Dispatch
Sheriff Ops?
Prison 1
Prison 2
Prison 3
PD Countywide 1?
PD Countywide 2?
EMA
Schools North
Schools South
Schools 3?
Schools 4?
Schools 5?
Fire East
Fire North
Fire South
Fire West
FD Ops 1
FD Ops 2
FD Ops 3
FD Ops 4
FD Ops 5
FD Ops 6
FD Ops 7
FD Ops 8
FD Ops 9?
FD Ops 10?
FD Ops 11?
FD Ops 12?
County Fire
County Fire 2?
County Fire 3?
WBFD Dispatch
WBFD Ops 1?
WBFD Ops 2?
EMS Response
EMS Ops?
MED 1
MED 2
Hosp GWV
Hosp GSB
Hosp WBGH
Hosp LVH
Hosp VA

ra7850

I haven’t messed with the system much in my 536 yet but it works fine as a P25 system in my 436, 100, and 200 when there’s activity on the system which is only occasional right now.

Unfortunately I can’t help much with the Proscan. I hand program all of my scanners and use Sentinel only as a backup to save the programming to in case the SD card crap out.
I was able to figure out why they werent being scanned, it was the delay setting. I have one 436 scanning the North Simulcast frequencies, and another one scanning the South Simulcast frequencies, recording both radios 24X7 using Proscan. I'm located up on a hill in Shavertown with the antennas about 60 feet up in my attic as I can have external antennas.

cpg178

Is it possible the talkgroup identified as fire dispatch is one of the four main fire talkgroups below (North, South, East, West) and that's why there are not transmissions all the time? Or, it could be that county fire talkgroup and they are still fiddling with things leading to the inconsistent transmissions.

Based on @One13Truck previous posts, 1025 group is dispatch, for now at least. As they have been hearing tones and also the transmissions are matching up to 157.450 which is the paging channel. I guess its possible at this stage that unless a radio is affiliated with a certain TG, that channel wont be simulcast across the county. I think that is what @maus92 is hinting at.