Luzerne County, PA Frequency Unknown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

convoy71

I just purchased a small police scanner, the Beofeng. Its works...Spite I programmed a few of my local police frequencies. While attempting to figure out scanning, police began transmitting on frequency: "155.080" I searched radio references pages and can find NO city/town/boro police using this frequency. Ive listened to their transmissions and for the most part they are vague on address street name, town, anything. So I cant confirm either way what precinct or locations transmitting from JUST TO CONFIRM what police boro/township they are! Can anyone help me confirm that frequency: 155.080.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Some call Baofengs scanners, others call them ham radios. I call them shooting targets. It’s a matter of semantics I suppose.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Edwardsville PD Tac, and the correct frequency is 155.085, not 155.080.

I’ll say 99.99% sure it’s not that. Unless someone was playing with an old portable. It’s not completely abandoned but I can probably recall on two hands the number of times it’s been used since we stitched over to the lovely county dispatch in the 90’s. It was a shared channel with the street department. I’m not even sure if they still use it.

But without any other info on calls picked up I’m not sure who it could be.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I’ll say 99.99% sure it’s not that. Unless someone was playing with an old portable. It’s not completely abandoned but I can probably recall on two hands the number of times it’s been used since we stitched over to the lovely county dispatch in the 90’s. It was a shared channel with the street department. I’m not even sure if they still use it.

But without any other info on calls picked up I’m not sure who it could be.
I was pointing out what is listed in the database, nothing more, nothing less. The OP's post is entirely too vague for anyone to know what he was hearing, and he seems to have abandoned this thread besides.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I was pointing out what is listed in the database, nothing more, nothing less. The OP's post is entirely too vague for anyone to know what he was hearing, and he seems to have abandoned this thread besides.

No worries. I can see how it would be the logical assumption being so close to what was listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.