Lv fd go's digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

For those of interest : LV FD = P25 / 4237 / 851.8500cc / 852.0625ac is DISPATCHED by the LV CO
FIRE DISPATCH.

R

retiredmich

LV FD having problems with fire tone out, can hear auto, but no fire tone out, still have bug's to work
to work out I guess.

R

retiredmich

Lv fd fire tone hang time

F Y I , Listing to LV FD FIRE TONE OUT on conventional, it has a hang time on the last 1/2 of the tone out. You don't hear the last part of the tone out, then you hear voice activation.

R

retiredmich

F Y I = Picking up a lot of LV FD Dispatching on digital now.

R

retiredmich

Pertaining to LV FD fire tone out's, when the FD is toned out for a First Aid call & or fire, the tone that is used for that call ( which ever call is for ) there is a HANG time, cant they get rid of the so called HANG
time ? why I ask is that by the time the so called Hang time ends, the Dispatcher has all ready been talking & you have missed the location of the alarm. Cant they fix this problem ?

R

retiredmich

Now that the LV FD has gone digital, why am I having a bad time receiving them ? All others like
lv so, pd, lv co, even KHP is loud & clear on my RS PRO 106, or is it their program system ? All are P25

R

retiredmich

Here lately I hear LV FD getting toned out BUT no voice activation after words , & some times there is tone & that's all , any one else notice this listing to LV FD ?

basehorhonda

Im down in basehor and I have been having a heck of a time getting any of the LV City or LVCO digital stuff. I have no problem picking up anything in WYCO, JOCO, even some KCMO Fire stuff that I have been listening to. I talked to the EOC director and he said since I live so close to a radio broadcasting antenna, that might be what is giving me some fits. I have been thinking about putting an antenna for the scanner in my attic to see if that helps.

Also there was something in the LV Times about scanner news.
Police provides information for radio scanners - News - The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS - Leavenworth, KS

R

retiredmich

Question about Digital & Analog programs, I have both programs activated ( Digital / Analog ) for the LV FD. Which one is better to listen too to catch all the Dispatching for the City & Co ?

basehorhonda

I am having pretty much the same success with both my old and new scanner. Not much difference in performance.

R

retiredmich

Thanks for the reply . I tried 1 on & 1 off to see what was the diff in dispatching, BUT! was not sure if any diff so now I leave both on. Have a good one.

basehorhonda

Im ovbiously not picking up the new tac and fireground channels, but I am getting traffic on the main channel just fine still.

R

retiredmich

Do you have the correct 2 TAC ID #,s , when their on the scene for the Fire call I do get them on TAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.