Lv ks pd question

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

Lv ks pd to digital

now that my city PD has changed programs from analog to digital I got nothing on my scanner. How do
I find the new frequency & talk group ID # ?

R

retiredmich

gone digital

Thanks for the reply, the list you posted is actually the old frequency's.

Sparhawk

I have a Uniden BCD996xt...so thats not a worry.

And, I have all the COUNTY frequencies listed in the scanner...

However, None of those talk groups associated with those frequencies are for Leavenworth CITY PD...only County Sheriff/etc. Also, I Hear no city PD traffic on those frequencies at all..

Unless I am missing something entirely here, It would seem they are using different 800 Mhz Frequencies than those listed for the KSICS

R

retiredmich

LV PD

If LV PD has gone digital don't they have to have a Talk Group ID # ?

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
If LV PD has gone digital don't they have to have a Talk Group ID # ?

They probably do, it just has not been identified by a listener and placed in the RR database yet. Program the Leavenworth County simulcast system into your scanner and run it in open mode- the mode that listens for all talk groups. Since you previously listened to Leavenworth PD, it shouldn't take you long to identify their new talk group (assuming they did not opt to encrypt it).

R

retiredmich

running out of options on LV PD. Tried doing open mode with simulcast system with no luck. Could be
encrypt BUT highly doubt that. May just have to what & see what is posted if any thing. Thanks for all the help on this, greatly appreciate all suggestions.

Sparhawk

After some diligent listening during the night, I did hear some LV PD traffic across the county frequencies (wasn't a lot...a couple ID's mainly. And, I just heard two of their units signing on in their vehicles ...Could tell by their unit/badge #'s). The Talk Group they used was "4247"...which is NOT listed anywhere in the list here. Guess they are being a lot quieter on the new frequencies...

R

retiredmich

I'll have to try the simulcast system again. They do get VERY quiet some times. It's hard to be leave that it's this hard to figure out this system for the LV PD ! Thanks again Sparhawk , appreciate the info

Sparhawk

It was coming up on the scanner without my entering anything new...I have just the KSICS frequencies for the county. The traffic for LV PD was so sporadic apparently that I just hadn't heard it the last few days.

You should be able to add the Talk Group manually though...I haven't tried yet.

Also, I doubt that the one Talk Group is all that they have assigned to them...gonna take time to figure them all out.

Last edited:

mordred6600

OK - thank you and good to know. Tuesday evening I updated my libraries and playlists in both my units and thought I had a wrong setting somewhere as I was getting all traffic but them. I will try and manually enter that TG later today.

R

retiredmich

just for all's info incase your not sure. the LV PD had 2 channels in the analog program, (1 for main channel & a second for car to car) or channel 1 & 2. so there should be 2 TGP ID # . BUT! being they are now digital now, I would assume it would be the sane way?

Status
Not open for further replies.