LVMPD Laughlin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillH1

Is LVMPD in Laughlin using 158.850? I am quite a ways from Laughlin and hearing distant traffic on this frequency about the Riverside hotel in Laughlin, as well as several other locations in Laughlin. I see 158.850 listed as Ch. 15 "Resident officers dispatch" in the database but it is tagged as depreciated. I was under the impression that LVMPD used their p25 system in Laughlin as well, so is this just being patched from that system? The voices on this frequency are definitely digital, and from what i'm hearing sounds like Metro PD.

Hooligan

Yes, the link/patch is still up using multiple sites. My only guess as to why is for access to the LVMPD system from remote/rugged areas where VHF may get thru but 700MHz probably wouldn't, and so Mohave County SO can monitor/interop LVMPD around bordering areas, such as Laughlin.

BillH1

Yes, the link/patch is still up using multiple sites. My only guess as to why is for access to the LVMPD system from remote/rugged areas where VHF may get thru but 700MHz probably wouldn't, and so Mohave County SO can monitor/interop LVMPD around bordering areas, such as Laughlin.

That makes sense, thanks for the info. Do you know if there are any patches for CCFD in that area still?

Status
Not open for further replies.