Lvmpd system simulcast distortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillH1

Does the LVMPD system suffer from simulcast distortion at all? I am looking to purchase a scanner capable of P2 since I travel to Vegas often, so I am just a little curious on how scanners do on the system.

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
I visit the Las Vegas area several times each year and utilize the BCD996P2 and the BCD325P2 radios to monitor the LVMPD radio system and have experienced no problems whatsoever when it comes to monitoring their P25 Phase 2 system.

diskmonger

They have a simulcast site and scanners struggle with it just like every other P25 simulcast system. The high RF environment on the strip doesn't help either.

I'm usually out there at least once or twice a year.

BillH1

They have a simulcast site and scanners struggle with it just like every other P25 simulcast system. The high RF environment on the strip doesn't help either.

I'm usually out there at least once or twice a year.

Usually when I go to Vegas, I often stay away from the strip. So if I was going to program the system in, would I need to program the simulcast site in, or just the several other sites or all of the above? I am new to P25 systems, so I am unfamiliar on what needs to be programmed with simulcast systems.

com501

For 100% reliable results buy an APX or a XG portable. -Oh wait, you'll need system keys for that.

In the past, GRE scanners and now Whistler have behaved better than Uniden. I regularly test simulcast on scanners when they come out with my bench service monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.