LWIN Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinw251

I know that the LWIN System is working with scanners now but has anyone had any luck with programming a 700/800mhz radio and getting it to work on the system or has anyone been able to get a personal radio programed through GOSHEP?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Is this s scanner or a radio for your agency, If the radio is for the agency May I suggest contacting your OEP director for help in getting the radio programmed.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You'll need authorization to use a mobile on the system. The controller for the trunk system has to be able to identify your radio as authorized to transmit on the system. In fact, I think you'd need that for receive only.

As AC0RV says, you should go through your chief or whoever is in charge of the radio system for you agency.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Correct, ALL radios on an P25 system MUST affiliate with the system to receive information as well as voice. If you try to use an unauthorized radio on the system, even with TX inhibited, it will automatically attempt to affiliate and will be either denied any access thus blocked from the system, or even bricked. Gone are the days when you could just buy an trunking radio, set it to TX Inhibit, program it, and just listen. That is NOT happening on P25 systems.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
With TX inhibited, a Motorola P25 radio will not try to affiliate with the system. However, the radio will display "NO COMMS" and you will not be able to hear any traffic until you do affiliate.

MASTRTECH

Correct, ALL radios on an P25 system MUST affiliate with the system to receive information as well as voice. If you try to use an unauthorized radio on the system, even with TX inhibited, it will automatically attempt to affiliate and will be either denied any access thus blocked from the system, or even bricked. Gone are the days when you could just buy an trunking radio, set it to TX Inhibit, program it, and just listen. That is NOT happening on P25 systems.

Not true, I have a portable programmed on LWIN and just told the radio to "never Register" It works juist fine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.