LWIN Site Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblur

I've been cruising a few threads in this subforum and seem to see people saying there isn't a FCC license for some sites on LWIN. I recently picked up a SDS100 since the Baton Rouge area was simulcast but come to find out I'm less than half a mile from one of the sites, definitely explains why I get a super strong signal. Here's the map I found on their website: https://gohsep.la.gov/Portals/0/Documents/LWIN/LA_LWIN_Portable.pdf?ver=2019-11-01-093505-753

So I'm curious on how were all the talk groups and such figured out? Did someone snag a listing and populate things or is it just by scanning data channels or something?

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
All of the sites are licensed by FCC.

As far as the talk groups listed in the database, most are done by people scanning and listening to the traffic to figure them out. But lately a lot that have been added are active talk groups on the system, but are labeled wrong. A old list was leaked and that person has uploaded most of the information. Some of them are correctly identified, but about 70% have the wrong information.

N508SP1

Feed Provider

As far as the talk groups listed in the database, most are done by people scanning and listening to the traffic to figure them out. But lately a lot that have been added are active talk groups on the system, but are labeled wrong. A old list was leaked and that person has uploaded most of the information. Some of them are correctly identified, but about 70% have the wrong information.

Agreed, could not have said it better all are Licensed by FCC, and most are done from scanning.

digiblur

I must have have misread a few folks concerning state licenses or frequencies or something then but there was definitely some confusion on site locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.