LWIN Discussion Thread

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Update on 7583

I think its a correctional facility. They're using code names and counting heads. I've heard it on Bastrop, Monroe, West Monroe, & Calhoun sites now.

Also on 6603 which I think is David Wade CC. Someone posted saying that 6650 which is listed in DB as WADE was actually Rayburn CC; but I cannot find the post.

I have many audio files that may be useful to others but the size limit here is like 192kb or something. If anyone wants them, I'll gladly send some other way.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Bastrop Site 3-12

52505 - Nonsense chatter about speedbumps. Radio UID's match Morehouse Parish S.O. units and 525## IDs are in Morehouse Parish. Looks like another Parish interop TG or something.

50536 - Key up, no voice. 505## matches Franklin Parish allocation.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Arcadia / Minden sites

11510 Webster Parish Law Dispatch (Couldn't tell if it was WPSO or another small town).

AC0RV

Feed Provider
St Tammany

Ok, with all the changes and additions (agencies comming online) to the LWIN System for the St Tammany Parish area.

I am seeking any and all UIDs for the parish. So if you have any please place them in a spread sheet (with the agency (or user DSN) , the UID (in decimal).

Also if you have a x36 series, gre type scanner(s) please send any audio files from them.

Here's the address to send them to me at fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

Big thanks.

Tim-B

This afternoon I heard a new talkgroup that I have never seen. It was 24543. There were several people on this talkgroup in a couple of trucks and some on foot on different streets in Breaux Bridge. They were going from house to house from one street to another doing something. I was not able to determine exactly what they were doing because they did not say much other than that they were done on this street and moving to the next and that they have hit all the houses on this street. Does anyone, maybe someone in Breaux Bridge if you are reading this, know who those people were and what they were doing so I can identify what this talkgroup is for? I started hearing them just after 4 pm and as of 7 pm they are still out there.

Tim-B

In reference to my post above about 24543 I heard them again last night and it sounds like it might be the Breaux Bridge fire dept but I am not sure. If I hear them again tonight I might take a ride out there and see who I see walking down the street canvassing neighborhoods.

In other news, I found two new Acadian Ambulance Talkgroups and I submitted them for entry into the database.
6856 AASI OPS 4
6857 AASI OPS 5

Tim-B

A couple of days ago where there was that big fiery crash on I-10 at Lobell my scanner attached to ProScan set up to record new talkgroups recorded several minutes worth of traffic on TGID 17537. The units I heard were WBR fire units as well as Acadian Air Med helecopters. The WBR fire units talked to each other as well as Air Med and Air Med talked to their dispatcher as well as the WBR fire units. This could be some kind of WBR interop channel or it could have just been patched with AASI OPS 1 temporarily.

Tim-B

Do you know what they call it on the air? Like if they were switching to that channel they would say "goto____"

Tim-B

I FINALLY figured out who 6641 is. It is campus security at South Louisiana Community College Lafayette Campus. Good luck fitting that into a text tag. I've been suspecting that it was them but I wasn't sure until today they when said the names of streets that border the campus. This is the school on Bertrand Drive that used to be called Lafayette Regional Institute.

Tim-B

Does anyone know if Evangeline S.O. just started using LWIN? I heard traffic today on TGID 23000 which is not in the database. This would numerically begin Evangeline Parish's allocation of 23000 to 23499. The units called the dispatcher "Ville Platte" as many deputies call the dispatcher of their department by the name of the city or town that is the parish seat. With many of the parishes the first TGID for their allocation of 500 talkgroups is the S.O. dispatch so I am thinking that 23000 is Evangeline S.O. dispatch. Anyone have any more info?

also

I think that 24021 is Arnaudville PD. I just started hearing transmissions on this talkgroup recentlly and today I heard the radio shop call Arnaudville PD for a radio check.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I FINALLY figured out who 6641 is. It is campus security at South Louisiana Community College Lafayette Campus. Good luck fitting that into a text tag. I've been suspecting that it was them but I wasn't sure until today they when said the names of streets that border the campus. This is the school on Bertrand Drive that used to be called Lafayette Regional Institute.

I should have chimed in earlier with this...
Hint: Firstly look at the TG Number closely, and see if it fits in any other range of TGs... With this one that would have narrowed it real fast as 66XX falls right in the Colleges & University ranges.Secondly, listen closely if it is not encrypted. With dedicated monitoring eventually they will say the name of the chan, units that you can ID, locations you know. Thirdly, log an learn RIDs/UIDs.... Especially if encryption is present. This can be used to match up things with just a little logic. Example: X College Police is on TG 1341, console RID 12334700, and you see the higher rankers with the following RIDs (Mobile/HT) 123310/123311, 123312/123313... You then see an new TG pop up using full time encryption... 1344...

It falls in the X College PD range,... Now you watch the RIDs... And notice aside from the dispatch console on 12334700, you ONLY see the high ranking RIDs... You can be fairly sure this is an Command, Administrative, or high ranker Car to Car type TG... Eventually you hear Sgt. Smith tell Lt, Jones to meet him on Admin. Shortly TG 1344 comes alive with the RIDs of Sgt. Smith, and Lt. Jones.. BINGO, you now have the TG locked down as X College PD - Admin! :)

Tim-B

Yeah, I've been doing some of that with a laptop that has two scanners connected to it. One is using proscan to record new talkgroups while the others runs with pro96com to log what radios affiliate with what talkgroups. I have identified several talkgroups using the methods you described. I just haven't had the two scanners up and running with the two softwares until just a few weeks ago. The trouble with some of them is that on some of these talkgroups like 6641 they only use that one channel so I never see those same radios come up on other channels. I got lucky today and heard one of them ask another to walk outside and meet him on Devalcourt street. Bingo. Now I gotcha. I have been keeping notes on an excel spreadsheet and if anyone wants a copy of it so we can put our heads together and figure some more channels out then PM me with an email address and I will sent it to you. I have heard a number of new St. Landry and Acadia Parish talkgroups lately and a few in St. Martin and a few whose TGID numerically fit in with state agencies.

R7000

8561?? Law Enforcement Abbeville

Hearing TGID 8561 on a stakeout operation in Abbeville. Is this a Fedcom TGID?

Tom

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
11510 - Webster Parish Unknown TGID

FED INOP Channels they have many of them

Sent from my iPhone

No submissions for the database?

Also,
11510 - I posted this earlier but I've now heard it on SIbley, Minden, & Arcadia sites. Defiantly Webster Parish. Sounds LE but I only hear it for a short time on my drive from Monroe to Shreveport so can't pinpoint who it is exactly. Moderately Active every time I pass through.

Tim-B

Yes, you guys PLEEEEASE submit what you know to the database. In reference to surveillance in Verm Parish I am hearing an operation on R-4 Tactical (TGID 41832)