Lwin tgid 35508

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmooth

it was an emergency call priority 4 i think someone's radio was stuck it kept the frequency open. They switched to SO Talk but they are now back to SO Disp.

Tim-B

Oh yeah, I remember that now. Back when I worked for Laf. S.O. we had a class on how to use our new Moto Type I 800 MHz radios. This was when the system was first rolled out in 1987. When you press the emerg button it keeps one repeater open constantly on that talkgroup to make sure that there is always a frequency available for the person with the emergency since it is a trunked system and there is the possibilty that more people are trying to talk than there are frequencies available. In the class they taught us to reset the radios by pressing the emerg button again and hold it down for two seconds until the radio beeps so that it not only resets the radio it resets the emerg condition in the system as well. When I worked for Laf P.D. we were given no such class and almost all of the guys reset their radios by just turning it off and back on again which does reset the radio but still leave the system with an open repeater on that one talkgroup for a while after. Then without fail a few of them would say, "uhhh, headquarters, we got a open mic on alpha."

Status
Not open for further replies.