Lycoming Co P25?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Anybody know what 155.6475 is being used for in Lycoming Co?

According to this license FCC Callsign WROR521 (LYCOMING COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY) they have licensed for P25 repeaters on 154.400, 154.430, 154.800, 154.980, 155.310, and 155.6475. All of the other frequencies except the last one have an existing use in the county. Four of the five are the current main repeaters (police, fire/ems, EMA, interop) while one is currently a fire simplex channel.

LGolder

Feed Provider
I've have it plugged in for 24 hrs now and had no activity on any mode in that time. I'm just south in Milton

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
All,

From what I understand is that Lycoming is trying to go P-25 within the next 5 years, they are currently upgrading sites and adding new sites as they can, apparently they added a tower to a roof of a building on 3rd Street to assist the City with radio coverage as well as on Police 1 (155.310) and Fire 1 (154.430).

This frequency (155.6475) may either be a 2nd Countywide Inter-Op channel like 154.800 or it may be a 2nd County Police channel, nothing has been set in stone as of yet.

I am sorry, I don't have any further information for you all at this time. I wish I did

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
I found the following in the Summer 2021 - Lycoming EMA News and Views located here on Page 5. https://www.lyco.org/Portals/1/EmergencyManagementAgency/Documents/2020/NEWSLETTER - June 2021.pdf

PUBLIC SAFETY RADIO UPGRADE The Public Safety Radio Upgrade is progressing with anticipated go live in early to mid-2022. The leasing, zoning, planning, variance, and FCC licensing process has taken a considerable amount of time. Beth Baylor, Communications Manager, and the project team has worked diligently to get these items resolved. While all eight current tower sites are receiving all new equipment, we are also adding eight additional sites totaling sixteen. The 250’ towers have been order for the full build Hughesville and Hesker Hill (Piatt Twp.) sites and the shelters will be ordered soon while construction is going to RFP. Radio equipment is arriving and being staged for deployment by Keystone and Motorola. While the radio you use today will work on this new system, there will be some re-programming of frequencies needed (the numbers). Information will be forthcoming on the new frequencies and timeline.

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
Yes, future P25 upgrade. Takes time to get companies changed over to new radios capable and such. As mentioned, new sites are being added, with most being receive sites with the hopes to bring portable coverage to 95% of the county. (not sure on what system though; Police, Fire, EMA, etc).
Currently, for example, when county calls for a status check on an ambulance at the hospital, you can not answer them until you are at least 3+ steps outside the ambulance bay. By that time, they're already dispatching the next due and your stuck recalling someone.

Also some tidbits, City PD will be simulcast countywide and there will now be 2 countywide channels