Lycoming County Narrowband

Status
Not open for further replies.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know when lycoming county is going narrowband and what the freq will be for fire dispatch? Also any info on the surrounding counties would be helpful.

troshs

Yeah, you'd think Lycoming County would want to due to us being one of the biggest counties. I'm glad they haven't so far.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Yea I was really surprised when I found out they werent going digital especially after they were trying to get funding to upgrade the 911 center

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Being big is no reason to go digital. Analog VHF works nicely up there. A marginal analog transmission out of a hollow is going to have a better chance of being heard than a digital one. You can at least pick out words from the garble of a bad analog transmission.

Septa3371CSX1

Being big is no reason to go digital. Analog VHF works nicely up there. A marginal analog transmission out of a hollow is going to have a better chance of being heard than a digital one. You can at least pick out words from the garble of a bad analog transmission.

In my travels around that part of the Commonwealth I've noticed radio signals (VHF and UHF) are very good and travel a good distance considering the openness of the area and the fact that many of the transmitters are on top of mountains. There is really no need for digital or even trunked systems up there - the analog VHF and UHF works great.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
They have already gone narrowband and everything has stayed the same. They will not be going digital.

They cutover last year in October here is link I posted at radio reference maybe you should use the search feature a little more often: http://forums.radioreference.com/pe...um/222417-lycoming-co-narrowband-october.html

The information is on their EMA newsletter which is on their website here: http://www.lyco.org/Portals/1/EmergencyManagementAgency/Documents/NEWSLETTER - March 11.pdf

It is amazing what you will find out there if you do a little searching on the internet and if you know what you are looking for. I live in Baltimore and found all of this.

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.