Lynchburg Police, Fire, and EMS Scanner Live Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynchburgCSI

Lynchburg Police, Fire, and EMS

Lynchburg City Police & Fire/EMS is an EDACS system broadcasted via a Radio Shack PRO-95.

Please DONATE to my Paypal if you like this stream by viewing the notes on the feed.

The following channels are broadcasted:

Lynchburg Police Talkgroups:
1041 08-021 Channel 1 (Lyn-comm Dispatch)
1042 08-022 Channel 2 (Lyn-comm Records/Help Desk)
1043 08-023 Channel 3
1044 08-024 Channel 4
1045 08-025 Channel 5
1046 08-026 Channel 6
1054 08-036 Channel 7
1053 08-035 SIRS (All counties)

Lynchburg Fire/EMS Talkgroups:
1169 09-021 Lyn-comm Fire Dispatch
1170 09-022 Fireground 1
1171 09-023 Fireground 2
1172 09-024 Fireground 3
1173 09-025 Fireground 4
1440 11-040 Fire Mutual Aid (All counties)

mk262

Premium Subscriber
It looks like most of the LE groups you're streaming violate the TOS. They're listed in the db as tac. I'm assuming (having lived in Lynchburg for a time) they don't have seven dispatch talkgroups.

LynchburgCSI

It looks like most of the LE groups you're streaming violate the TOS. They're listed in the db as tac. I'm assuming (having lived in Lynchburg for a time) they don't have seven dispatch talkgroups.
The database is pretty out of date. I need to submit an update. Usually channels 4-7 on the PD side are never used unless they need them for a special event. Channels 1 and 2 are dispatch. Channel 3 typically is just officer chatter. On the Fire/EMS side, there's dispatch of course. The fireground channels are rarely used unless there's a structure fire. The mutual aid channel i've only ever heard used twice, and i've been here since 1995. If you have any TOS tips, let me know!

mk262

Premium Subscriber
The database is pretty out of date. I need to submit an update. Usually channels 4-7 on the PD side are never used unless they need them for a special event. Channels 1 and 2 are dispatch. Channel 3 typically is just officer chatter. On the Fire/EMS side, there's dispatch of course. The fireground channels are rarely used unless there's a structure fire. The mutual aid channel i've only ever heard used twice, and i've been here since 1995. If you have any TOS tips, let me know!

It sounds like at a minimum channel 3 violates the TOS.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The terms of service are pretty clear. Routine dispatch only.

Look at the database page for this agency. Any talk groups labeled "Law Tac" are prohibited.

Police Channel 1 is the only channel which is permitted. I don't think it would be proper for you to attempt to change the database just to justify your feed.

You may want to read the terms of service, which was required before you applied for your feed.

Last edited:

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
WOW, I think enough have broken this guys nutzzz over the TOS and he already stated he was going to block it. What a bunch of crap. Maybe some should turn their attention to the UNDONE problems instead!

Thanks for the feed!

LynchburgCSI

WOW, I think enough have broken this guys nutzzz over the TOS and he already stated he was going to block it. What a bunch of crap. Maybe some should turn their attention to the UNDONE problems instead!

Thanks for the feed!
Plenty of people have complained and reported me to the admin. I'm shutting down the feed.

If you guys can't play nice, I won't volunteer audio for you all to listen to. So much for getting to know other enthusiasts.

Dafe1er

Plenty of people have complained and reported me to the admin. I'm shutting down the feed.

If you guys can't play nice, I won't volunteer audio for you all to listen to. So much for getting to know other enthusiasts.

Such a shame. Seems to be this sites way of doing business this year. Sorry we are loosing yet ANOTHER feed because of others issues.

Thanks for trying!

coolderb

Why the Hostility?

Such a shame to lose another feed provider. I don't understand the hostile attitude. He agreed to remove any channels which were possibly TAC related. The bigger question is why is that such a big deal anyway. How is that any different than someone with the same commercially available scanner listening to an event as it unfolds? Why not just have a built-in delay of 1 - 3 minutes if someone is worried that potential criminals are listening to the feed via the Internet as opposed to using the more direct method of using an actual receiver?

smh

Dafe1er

Such a shame to lose another feed provider. I don't understand the hostile attitude. He agreed to remove any channels which were possibly TAC related. The bigger question is why is that such a big deal anyway. How is that any different than someone with the same commercially available scanner listening to an event as it unfolds? Why not just have a built-in delay of 1 - 3 minutes if someone is worried that potential criminals are listening to the feed via the Internet as opposed to using the more direct method of using an actual receiver?

smh

That would be too easy and make too much sense! Plus it does not make the site money!

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear you got your chops busted for trying to do something nice for people. I guess the old saw "No good deed ever goes unpunished" certainly would apply.

Keep in mind there are other options including one that starts with "P" where you can put up whatever you want without anyone being able to say anything or report you to anyone.

Good luck with it.

LynchburgCSI

Sorry to hear you got your chops busted for trying to do something nice for people. I guess the old saw "No good deed ever goes unpunished" certainly would apply.

Keep in mind there are other options including one that starts with "P" where you can put up whatever you want without anyone being able to say anything or report you to anyone.

Good luck with it.

Shoot me a PM in regards to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.