Lyndhurst fire MABAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8rak

Did anyone monitor the MARCS traffic from the apartment fire in Lyndhurst today? I heard traffic on 11776 ECOMM-20 Event common 20 "Region 2 to Central dispatch." something about having enough equipment. Any idea's on who this was? I know Lake County has a Central dispatch. Who does the MABAS box dispatching when it is for a large incident?

Swipesy

Did anyone monitor the MARCS traffic from the apartment fire in Lyndhurst today? I heard traffic on 11776 ECOMM-20 Event common 20 "Region 2 to Central dispatch." something about having enough equipment. Any idea's on who this was? I know Lake County has a Central dispatch. Who does the MABAS box dispatching when it is for a large incident?

I listened to it for about 15 minutes. I did not realize it was an actual working fire and by the way the Commander in Charge was handling the event I thought it was one of the many simulated tests fire departments perform from time to time. The Commander was so calm and the radio transmissions so non-chalant that it did not sound real. For instance the Commander was asking where the Mayfield Hts latter truck was and is it coming. He asked about a Maple Hts. ladder truck if it was dispatched and there was talk about was the facility evacuated. As a result of thinking it was a test I locked it out because there was so much chatter over the airwaves. Not much help to your question.

John

kf8yk

Who does the MABAS box dispatching when it is for a large incident?

In Cuyahoga County CECOMS is tasked with MABAS coordination. If the need for resources is greater than what the county MABAS can supply, there is the Ohio Fire Service Emergency Response Plan that is coordinated by the Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association.

The OFCA calls their notification system 'central dispatch' the call taking and resource notification duties for the OFCA toll free phone number is shared by a few dispatch centers in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.