Lysignal Outdoor Omni-Directional Antenna 698 to 2700MHz 9dBi for Mobile Signal Booster for p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e0wes

Hi guys, I am just looking at this signal booster on amazon, it is designed for 3g and 4g cell phone signals. it says in the description that it will go from 698 to nearly 2700 mhz, and give up to 6db Of gain. Do you think this would work for p25 , I'm wanting to put up an outdoor antenna for my bcd436hp but I'm not sold on a discone. Any thoughts of experience? Thanks in advance.

prcguy

It doesn't have 9dBi gain or anywhere near that. If it has any gain it would be more so at the top end of its frequency range and not at 800Mhz. It may also have specific resonant frequency ranges only within the cell phone bands. It probably does work a bit better than they typical 30in tall Discone at 800MHz as the radiation pattern on those tilts upward away from the horizon above about 500MHz.

Its just another flavor of the antenna being discussed here which can be had for about $13 with shipping. TerraWave M3030035O10006O-B - Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.