• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LYT Q-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketron119

I can't find any reference to this radio anywhere. Does anyone have any info on it? I assume it is a clone of some other model.

Hans13

I believe the manufacturer is Lytong. If I find more information, I'll be sure to post it later.

rocketron119

Is there any way to get chirp to query this unknown radio assuming I can assemble an appropriate data cord? The radio works with my ptt hand mic from my TH28A, so I know which lines those are. I voltage tested the pins I suspect are the data pins and they seem right. How do I get the radio to say hello?

Hans13

Apparently, without some deep hardware hacks (which have been done) one can only download and upload to these types of radios. During a preliminary search, I didn't turn up much as far as specific protocols for uploading and downloading. However, if it were me, I would start with the chirp mailing list. Undoubtedly someone on that list or a lot of someones know exactly the commands to send to the radio and the format of the data received back from it. I would start looking through the archives link on the following page:

chirp_users Info Page

If you find anything out, I would appreciate reading a post back here with a simple outline of the protocol.

ETA: I think there is a way to use chirp to get a dump from the radio but did not find exactly how to do that. Jim Unroe here on RR might know.

Last edited:

Hans13

My guess is that you send it a read command from a proper terminal or a homebrew program and it spits back a hexidecimal file memory dump. Likewise, I assume you send it a write command and then feed it a hexadecimal memory file. There is probably acknowledgement and other hand shake in there as well.

rocketron119

I did some more digging. The radio was manufactured by "Le Yitong (Hong Kong) Limited" I found a listing for a company in Shenzhen and have sent them a query. We will see...

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.