LZ1 on AC33 (TG 17184)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday when they flew the child that was hit by the truck in Plain City to Primary Children's, I copied AirMed off the AC33 system.

I was able to confirm that the traffic was from LZ1 (Air 1) on UCAN. The TG was the same (TG 17184) but was patched into AC33. Not sure if this is always there, but this is the first time I have copied this traffic off this system.

I will sending this in to the admins to add to the DB.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
bneilson said:
Yesterday when they flew the child that was hit by the truck in Plain City to Primary Children's, I copied AirMed off the AC33 system.

I was able to confirm that the traffic was from LZ1 (Air 1) on UCAN. The TG was the same (TG 17184) but was patched into AC33. Not sure if this is always there, but this is the first time I have copied this traffic off this system.

I will sending this in to the admins to add to the DB.

I haven't heard them on UCAN down my way lately just the TG 58880 encrypted. Airmed don't seem to come this way much anymore.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
So I'm wondering if Airmed was on the SLC system (AC33), or were they on UCAN and being patched over to SLC?

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
It is hard to say. However their response area was outside of SLC so it is likely they were on the same systems as the agency being served. In this case that would have been UCAN.

My vote would be a patch, but I don't know for sure.

nolesen1

I do know that Air-med and Life-flight are dispatched out of SLC. on the UCAN. I also know that working with them, these past seven years, that they use there radio's sparringly, most of it is dispatched via cell phone's / pagers. They hardly ever talk, on the radio. Mostly take off / landing. If there landing on a scene flight the will be on the UHP to communacte with the ground crew.

I found that the Utah Air Medical Talkgruops are good.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yeah they were active for the fisrt time in a bit yesterday with the I-80 and I-15 accidents. So yeah it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.