• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M/A Com M-RK Belt Clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys!

Dumb question, but I have a GE M-RK radio that does not have a belt clip on it. I tried to put a regular metal belt clip on it, the ones that fit the M-PA series, and it did not go on, and I also tried the P7100 style black plastic one and it didnt work either.

Is there a special belt clip that you have to order for that radio or how does that work?

Thanks in advance!

Jordan

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
yeah, I don't know why it won't work. It seems like tracks where you slide the actual belt clip in are too thin for it. Did you have any resistance when you put yours on Mancow?

mancow

Database Admin
I am looking at it now. It's not the easiest thing to install but it works okay. Maybe the plastic just needs to be persuaded a bit. The old GE metal clip and the newer black plastic style seem to have the same part that slides in the tracks on the radio.

Other than the clip part the both seem to be the same.

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I just tried to slide the Jaguar style plastic clip on and there is a lot of resistance. It would probably go on if I forced it, I just don't want to scratch anything in the process.

But thanks for the help! I'll try a couple different metal clips and see if maybe the one I am trying is just a little bit different.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.