• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M/a-com Radio Feature List

Status
Not open for further replies.

GILMOORE

Just to let everyone know that Ron and everyone else that helped out with the lpe-200 radio that the support was wonderful and the good news about the radio is that I don't need that file Ron has been looking for.

rmiles

GILMOORE said:
Just to let everyone know that Ron and everyone else that helped out with the lpe-200 radio that the support was wonderful and the good news about the radio is that I don't need that file Ron has been looking for.

Yes, I do! :D I think he's confusing voice and feature encryption again. To all those experts out there, I STILL need to get in contact with someone at TAC to get the feature string for this radio.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
GILMOORE said:

Okay. He still needs the file because that file is going to tell your LPE-200 what it is allowed to do. If you don't have that file, then you won't be able to do any of the following:

M/A-Com Wireless Radio Feature List
-----------------------------------------
01 - Conventional Priority Scan
02 - 3 site scan enabled
03 - Public address allowed
04 - Group scan
05 - Priority system scan
06 - Wide area system scan
07 - Dynamic regroup
08 - EDACS emergency operation
09 - T99
10 - Conventional emergency operation
11 - RX freq preamp select
12 - AEGIS/VG TX and RX operation
13 - VGE encrypted calls
14 - DES encrypted calls
15 - VGS encrypted calls
16 - Data TX and RX calls
17 - Status/Message TX calls
18 - Test Unit operation
19 - M-RK I Second Bank operation
20 - System Model Keypad operation (MDX)
21 - EDACS Security Key
22 - Profile Operation
23 - Narrow Band Operation
24 - Auto power Operation
25 - Over-the-air channel set expansion
26 - Duplex Interconnect operation (IPE only)
27 - ProSound Junior (IPE only)
28 - Multi-Radio ProSound (MuRPS)
29 - IMBE vocoder operation (EDACS ProVoice)
30 - (not used)
31 - Battery ID feature
32 - FIPS-140 DSP and CRC checking
33 - P25 CAI support (APCO-25 Conventional Only)
34 - Direct frequency entry on system models
35 - (not used)
36 - Radio to radio personality cloning

Those are the FEATURES that the feature encryption file will enable depending on the actual file. The reason that it's encrypted is because M/A-Com doesn't want everybody and their mama upgrading their radios for free. Say you want to add Pro-Voice to a non-Pro-Voice LPE-200. You call M/A-Com and ask for Option 29. They ask you what your serial number, ESN and current options are and then they make a new Feature Encryption file and email it to you. You enter the new string of numbers into the radio via Radio Maintenance and viola, your radio will be able to listen to Pro-Voice.

The reason that your radio is not working is because you went into Radio Maintenance and edited that Feature Encryption string. Now your LPE-200 doesn't know what to do, because the feature string is wrong. You probably thought that it had something to do with voice encryption. It has NOTHING to do with voice encryption. Voice encryption keys are not stored on the radio. You have to have a key loader/key fill device and a cable to attach it to your LPE-200. The key is stored in the KVL and "loaded" from the KVL to the radio. Once this happens, the radio will TX/RX encryption(DES, AEGIS, etc). You have to have the right key and the right version of encryption (DES, AEGIS, etc) though or the radios won't be able to talk to each other.

rmiles

rescue161 said:
the radio will TX/RX encryption(DES, AEGIS, etc). You have to have the right key and the right version of encryption (DES, AEGIS, etc) though or the radios won't be able to talk to each other.

Just to clarify, AEGIS is not an encryption algorithm. It's a digital voice codec, like ProVoice, VSLEP, or P25. However, AEGIS or ProVoice is required to run encryption on M/A-Com radios since their radios will not encrypt analog voice transmissions, unlike Motorola radio which will encrypt analog voice. M/A-Com radios only apply encryption to digital voice transmissions.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Gotcha. I must have still been asleep this morning... lol

rmiles said:
Just to clarify, AEGIS is not an encryption algorithm. It's a digital voice codec, like ProVoice, VSLEP, or P25. However, AEGIS or ProVoice is required to run encryption on M/A-Com radios since their radios will not encrypt analog voice transmissions, unlike Motorola radio which will encrypt analog voice. M/A-Com radios only apply encryption to digital voice transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.